Considering Busa

UNO_RIDER

Registered
Greetings All,

I'm considering buying a new 2009 White Busa as a 2nd bike, but would like a little feedback. Currently I'm riding a 2008 Gold Wing and have owned many street and dirt bikes in the past. I still ride in the dirt as I have a 2005 Honda CRF450 with a 500 kit and race tech suspension (its awesome). Now before you guys give me hell about a Gold Wing, I'll tell you it's not your daddy's bike. I'm 38 and it's the best street bikes that I've owned (even better than my BMW k1200). I plan on keeping the stallion for a long time.

However, I want to add another bike to the stable that has a "little" more power and fun factor. I'm not much of a cramped down rider anymore, so I'm looking for a bike that's comfortable and has power on command. Giving the incentives that Suzuki is offering and the overall reliability of the Busa I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger.

But, before doing so I'd like to get your opinions on the Busa is for touring and general riding, including passenger experience. Also, please share your experiences with reliability too.

I appreciate your insight.

Best,

UNO

:welcome:

Power shold be ok + there are aftermarket parts such as heli bars, hard bags, and different foot pegs to make a long trip comfortable...seats too.

opinions on the Busa is for touring and general riding, including passenger experience. Also, please share your experiences with reliability too.

Uno, it's a tank. There's your reliability.

Any bike can be set up for touring given a bit of homework.

On the busa, I spend a month of each year riding dawn to dusk.

What more can I say. :welcome: Click the link below and start making a list.

displayimage.php

You sound like an experienced rider that would appreciate the big Busa as an alternative. I will tell you that one ride on the thing will either scare the crap out of you or it will get under your skin like an addictive drug, maybe both.
:thumbsup:

the busa is an all around great bike. you can do anything with it, either an 8 hour day riding, hitting up the twisties and the 1/4 mile. you can do it all. yes, the busa is like a drug, once your hooked you never can get away.:thumbsup:

Like most have said here, you can do anything with it. plenty of add ons and mods to do. For me, I'm not all into the twisties like the ones on the R1's or other liter bikes. Those you can throw around a lot better than the Busa.. I have an 06 and love it other than its a heavy bike. Some day they go thru tires fast.. they have alot of torque and power.. long rides unless you put a gel seat on it.. your butt gets tired.. pm me if you want.. talk more..:beerchug:

Get one, you will love it. I have a cruiser as well as the busa, a Honda VTX1800, and I would rather ride the busa on long trips, and I'm 60. Best all around bike built as far as I'm concerned.:thumbsup:

Grab it, there arent many left of the white 09's thats for sure and the 11 white looks like shiat..reliable yes, dependable yes, awesome ride yes, post pics watcha waitin for dude?:laugh:

Well I actually own a 06 Gl1800 a 05 Busa (with some power adders) an a 08 B King. As both of us know from experience the GL1800 I an amazing machine. That said , moving over to the busa .. Riding position is much tighter and many of us look at risers Heli bars and some variation of drop pegs.
The Hayabusa is a GT bike not a Superbike it's extra length and weight eat up the bumps and they are very very easy to ride extended distances. You will find they are far more comfy than any of the liter bikes at least the ones I have ridden) There is plenty of low end torque so you dont have to boil it to get away from a stop light or ride through traffic When you do take above 6 K rpm you will find your self with a new definition of power. While the Wing has no trouble cruising at 100 the Busa is barley waking up. It will startle most people the first few times they role into it. The Pillion is perhaps the most comfortable of any sport type bike but the back seat of wing it aint.
I love both my wing and my busa most days I commute on the the Busa

All,

Thanks for the responses, it's appreciated. Although I want the bike there's a huge difference between needs and wants. Plus I'll have to explain the purchase to my wife and I don't need and really don't want to deal her wrath. Although she's a reasonable and accommodating person, she does not like when I show up with new, expensive toys. And when I try rationalizing with her- by reminding her of her shoe collection, her weekly expenses to Ross/ Marshalls, getting nails done and weekend lunches with girlfriends---she still says my hobbies are more expenses. Yet if we put a pencil to it, my hobbies are less expensive.

Nevertheless, what do you guys think about the twin brother's slip on? If and it's a very big if I get the bike, I think this is one of the first upgrades I'll do. However, I don't want an obnoxious sound, just enough to know that the Busa is alive. I like to ride in the mountains, and I don't want to disturb the quiet of those trying to enjoy their time.

:welcome: to the oRg. The Busa is an all round bike and can wear many hats comfortably. The rear seat is extremely comfortable from what I've been told. You can do about anything you want with it and the aftermarket parts are everywhere and plenty.

Check out Brocks Performance and go full exhaust if you really need to make the change. However the bike is great from the crate. Slipons do little more than reduce a little weight and change the sound a little. The factory sound is great. Best of luck.

:welcome: to the org. You will love the busa, And look at the Yoshi R 77 slip ons, They sound nice and not very loud, And the also come with baffles if you prefer them.

i will add that as faras comfort goes you should not have any problems riding it as much as you want for as long as you want. i live in michigan wich you know has four to five months of non riding . i have an 06 with 63000 miles on all of wich i put on it. get the bike, listen to the wife raise he## for awhile and be happy. good luck

:welcome: The busa is a amazing all around sportbike. As stated it can do it all and it really can. I have never felt a better sportbike for just crusing around and the nice thing is how tame it can be and how brutally aggressive it can be should you want it. I would definately recommend it. :beerchug:

Back