A Paint Dilemma..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Will soon be starting the post crash rebuild on the Gen 1. Probably be keeping the bike for another year or 2 (maybe longer) for financial reasons (last 2 years have made me leary of big debt), so.. what color to make it?
I'm stuck between going back to the OEM blue or something else. Have been mulling with the idea of bright white. Since it's an '07 with the black frame, wheels, etc.., the brilliant white/black combo with some 2 Bros carbon bolt-ons (wish Yosh made the all carbon R-77s for the Gen 1), and possibly some sort of black chrome kanjis, is very appealing.
But the resale value of the factory color scheme is a thought too, though I don't know if it will make a lot of difference on a 5-6+ year old bike.
Kind of thinking out loud, so I thought I'd throw this out here and see what everyone's thoughts and/or suggestions on the subject might be.
Thanks.. Tom

IMHO I would do something radical/different!! You have an opportunity now to dress her up in that paint scheme/set up thats always been floating around in your head! Or better yet why not try a wrap? I know here where im stationed now (SC) you can get a wrap printed and installed for as little as $7-900 for a full kit! If you get tired of it, snatch it off and do it another way! And you still wouldnt have have spent as much as a custom job! What ever you do, dont forget to post up:thumbsup:

Been a fan of both color schemes. I like OEM but if i had to repaint my bike I'd go with the black/white combo. You could do something like the '06 white/silver OEM subbing the silver for black some thing like
sorry for the really bad editing, but u get the idea.
Good luck and cant wait to see what she looks like when ur done with her.

2006_whitesilver.jpg

Yes, I was thinking of a silver/grey type of kanji too. Blessed with a very good custom decal printer here closs by, so can get them made pretty much any color combo desired.

Back