Boots,boots,boots, which ones to go for.

Toptrucker

Registered
Hello from dear old Blighty.

Just putting it out there, what boots would anyone recommend. I'm just recovering from a broken left ankle (I slipped on an icy pavement(sidewalk)) but was wearing all my gear when I done it, so I was cut out of my leathers and boots.(At least my baby wasn't hurt or scratched lol)

I'm now in the market for new boots, I did have Spada touring boots but I now feel they're not strong enough. I've been looking at Alpine stars SMX boots, but it would appear they're not waterproof. Now I'm an all weather rider so warm and waterproof would be good.

Any suggestions ?

I love my Dainese Torque boots.They are sleek fitting and have nice rigid soles.THey also look very plain and they dont attract to much attention when wearing ,off the bike.

being a fan of dainese check out the dainese dyno boots. they will be my next set.

lg252024931.JPG

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-scarpa-dyno#videos_tab

Sidi seems to fit my feet the best and they have several different models depending on how much you want to spend
Posted via Mobile Device

Also a very happy owner here of Alpinestars (SMX-R) and Sidi (Vertebra). I also have Joe Rocket (Big Bang) and ICON (Super Duty 2) and use these for very short jaunts around town.

I have done hours of research. Never owned a pair but will be ordering the Alpinestars SMX PLus soon. The slightly more expensive Sidi Vortice was also in the lineup but I do not care for the looks. Too busy and too many buttons and straps. Prolly a more protective boot than the SMX Plus, however.

The third runner up was the Puma 1000. In a fall, that Ghost Doctor is going to save your ankle from hyperextesion/flexion or worse, getting ground to a stump under the bike. It is a great looking boot too. If not for the external bracing, that would be almost too elegant to wear to the track. The only prob I have is the weight. They are some pretty heavy gunboats. Forgot the exact weight now but it was alarming. That is the price of protection.

All things considered, the A*** SMX Plus is the one for me and I don't care what anybody says---I'm getting white boots and I'll wear them on the street.

IMO, I would not spen a lot of money on a set of low ankle "boots." That won't do anything more than a set of hightop sneakers to protect your ankles. Nice looking, though. Puma has a hot pair of riding shoes but for the $$$ they won't protect like a boot.

Sidi for touring, warm/waterproof and Sidi for everything else!
They are a little pricey but they last and work as advertised.

i have same ones (icon) , just in black.they are the inly ones i found in my size *14 that were not overly expensive i love em and will be ordering the 3/4 in that style also. the only thing that has been a setback is i wore em one day to fire up my crf250r and my foot slipped off the kickstart lever and hit the footpeg and ripped the leather piece that holds the midfoot buckle. guess i shouldve been wearng mx boots but who's got the $$ for more than one pair of boots.

Back