Cush Drive Bearing!!!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
Does anybody know how to get it out???. I need it out so i can powdercoat the cush drive black to match everything else that is black

Can you take a pic of what you are talking about. I didn't think there was a bearing in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always had luck removing a bearing race by running a bead of weld right on top of it. Shrinks the race and it pops right out. Of course i only do this if i am replacing it.

why do you want to take the bearing out? You wouldn't want them to powder coat inside there or you'll have to grind off the powder coat to get a new bearing installed.

Yep... depending on if any sort of grease was used on install, very difficult to remove without damage... you ocould try to freeze the whole carrier and then use a nut/washer/threaded bar set up to pull it out instead of beating it out... may be worth the time and energy to simply change the bearings for the rear wheel...

2 pieces of 2X4.

Turn the hub over, place on 2X4's, and use a large socket to tap out bearing gently. I also used some WD40. Came out nice and easy with no damage.

Used a long punch to tap on the outer race. Came right out.

Try freezing it for a day and then heat the hub itself, not the bearing with a heat gun. I had to do that with my front bearings in the wheel, even using the Motion Pro bearing puller

why do you want to take the bearing out? You wouldn't want them to powder coat inside there or you'll have to grind off the powder coat to get a new bearing installed.

I dont want the bearing to get damaged from the heat
Im coating it myself and i have heat resistant tape that im going to put in there to prevent powder from getting in there
here are the pics

005.jpg

006.jpg

if you remove the bearing it should allways be replaced. there really is no way of removing it without damaging it in some way be it heat or beat it may still feel good but will soon fail. a complete rear wheel bearing kit is not very expensive and the best route imho.

I dont want the bearing to get damaged from the heat
Im coating it myself and i have heat resistant tape that im going to put in there to prevent powder from getting in there
here are the pics

Bearing is not looking great anyway...... consider replacing it. they are not that much money...hard to tell from pic..... but there may be rust in there.

Good luck,

Plan on replacing it, as there's no really good way to press it out without damage. Try the freezing/heating methods though, you might get lucky. Bearing is somewhat pricey at $25 to $30, but if there was any question, it would be $$ well spent IMO.

if you remove the bearing it should allways be replaced. there really is no way of removing it without damaging it in some way be it heat or beat it may still feel good but will soon fail. a complete rear wheel bearing kit is not very expensive and the best route imho.

Always replace with a new bearing, one tap on the bearing getting it out and it's ******. It's not worth the chance.IMO

Bearing is not looking great anyway...... consider replacing it. they are not that much money...hard to tell from pic..... but there may be rust in there.

Good luck,

its just bearing grease LOL i thought the same thing when i looked at it

This is actually a spare drive that i have I guess i could replace the bearing. I just needed to know how to get it out LOL

Back