need advice on bike purchase.

Kahunas

Registered
Ok so my friend is female and she wants this bike i text him some questions and says that he put new carbs in last season and going to need new valves
also new sprocket and chain for an 04 does 25k miles seem high for a 600 to you? 2004 zx6r

your help is appreciated

he just now sent a msg saying he is only replacing the valves to keep up with the parts ???..... sounds kinda odd idk what do you think.

First off, a 2004 zx6r is fuel injected. Why replace the "carbs"? Second maybe get a valve adjustment, but replace the valves? Sounds like someone might not know what the heck they are talking about..
Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

3500 is a bit pricey for a '04 600 with 25k on it. I'd be a little skeptical too if someone told me they were replacing valves. Might wanna ask him if it is an '02 zx6r engine in an '04 shell cause they changed to fuel injected in '03. chain and sprocket might mean a number of things, id definitely get someone to look at it for u and see if u can get him to drop about 1500 bones.

You sure it isnt a ZZR600, they are carbed and it is not unusual to see that many miles on it. However I can find a 06, with a lot less miles on it for about 5k. What is the guy asking for price wise.

Belay my last it is not a zzr but could still actually be carbed. However that whole add seems shadey to me. That guy wrote that entire paragraph without stopping. No periods, commas, nothing. If the guy is sounding a little stupid about the bike then chances are something could be wrong.

Belay my last it is not a zzr but could still actually be carbed. However that whole add seems shadey to me. That guy wrote that entire paragraph without stopping. No periods, commas, nothing. If the guy is sounding a little stupid about the bike then chances are something could be wrong.

+1

Sounds shady too me also. Apparently he doesn't know what he's selling or the bike's a Frankenstien. (parts from everywhere)

I had an o4 ZZR 600 and it had carbs on it so that is most likely what it is. 2500 is a bit much for it, have it looked at and don't pay more than $2500 for good condition.

If you guys click on the link, you'll see its clearly not a zzr600.

pass- there are too many deals out there. to take one if there is any question at all is asking for trouble... my .02

Thanks guys the bike is not for me, just my 2nd wife lol:laugh:. No shes a friend and its her first bike and she was really set on getting it. I don't want her to get stuck with a bad bike.
So i figure if she sees all this response to it she will reconsider her decision.
She doesn't even have the money yet and freaking out with the whole thing ,not even a license yet lol .....(anxious much):whistle: I never did that:whistle: Again thanks for the input i didnt even think about the bike being fuel injected, that just puts a whole new prospective on the deal.

I've seen a TON of bikes under 4 grand in the Milwuakee area CS lately. If you are in Chi-town, it could be worth a look through our listings. :beerchug:

I've seen a TON of bikes under 4 grand in the Milwaukee area CS lately. If you are in Chi-town, it could be worth a look through our listings. :beerchug:

We are currently in Decatur IL which is 3:30 hours south of the chi il let you bring the bike halfway:poke: :laugh: just kidding would be good to find a good one ,just doesn't seem to be a lot right now . Its a buyers market ,so not a lot of sellers . IMO If you want i can get the other ones she is looking at if anything you'll see some more pics anyway:lol:

Better deals to be had than that. If the guy is so stupid to not know that it is fuel injected, he could not have taken that good of care of that bike.

Check St Louis craigslist, tons of better deals (IMO) than that

Back