Riding position theory

theskaz

I am all that is BACON!
Donating Member
Registered
So not to threadjack another thread, I started my own.
So i have a question for you experts but let me preface it.

My wife is about 120lbs
I am 250.
bike is a 2008 busa

now when "gettin it" i know you have to get the body off the bike. Can, in theory, a heavier person (me) go faster around a corner due to the amount of weight that is offset? moreso than someone who is half my weight? or would the lighter person have the advantage due to the force on the tires in a full lean?

i would think the science would be the lighter the more speed you could carry through a corner. i dunno im sure someone with experience will give some better advice. bump :beerchug:

I think you are afflicted with the same issue I have . however figuring in power to weight ratio no matter what happens in that corner ... She is gonna kick your butt in the first strait :rofl:

Sorry .. had to be done

Kevin, you are operating with a handicap. Your big butt is always going to create a problem for fast cornering. Your bike would be much happier without you on it at all. Your cute little 120 pound sweetie will spank your big 250 pound butt if she ever gets the hang of cornering :laugh:

Honestly Keven, the less weight on the bike the better it performs in all aspects of motorcycling be it speed, wind drag, braking, accelleration, lean angle, the whole enchilada. However, you can have just as much fun as the little people and be just as safe! :beerchug:

LOL you said little people.

ok cool it was just a thought as some of the other guys were hauling with less lean angle than her and we got her to get off the bike as far as her limbs would allow.

hmmm...i wonder if there isnt a sweet point. you know a pivitol weight. I would think a person that is too light would create less traction at the tires as the weight would be need the faster you went. Am i making sense? i wonder what the pivitol weight would be.

Two things at work here, we only have a certain amount of traction available, with the bikes' suspension adjusted properly for the riders weight the lighter person with the same skills will go faster..............
2nd thing is how high is the weight, the lower the mass the less effect the mass has over the bike (shorter lever arm) The only reason guys were cornering faster than her was more experience....:rulez:

Back