Harbor Freight Wheel Chock Review

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Alright so I bought my Harbor Freight wheel chock and put it together about 2 weeks ago. I waited a little while to make sure my original thoughts of the chock held up. Holds the bike VERY nicely. Rolling it up takes a tiny very bit of work (if the bike is running super easy to ride it up in). Taking the bike off is very easy too which is contrary to what has been mentioned in wheel chock threads of the past. I take the bike off my merely pulling it off by the grab bar. I have also take it off by just standing beside the bike and rolling it back. I myself would not want it coming off the chock too easily as that would mean it could just come off on its own...

I cant wait to get it bolted down in the trailer :thumbsup: for 60 bucks this thing is definitely the way to go for those of us on a smaller budget. Im sure the expensive Baxley one is top notch and is better than this one but not by too much... Problems other may have had was putting it together improperly. If you revers the moving part of the chock it would change how it performed... I almost did it myself that is why i mention that. The adjustments on the chock are probably equally important. I started in the smaller slot and worked my way back til the bike took a bit of effort to get it off but not so much that i couldn't get it off by myself.

Not a super great pic of the wheel chock but it does the job. The bike is super secure in this thing.
(Excuse the mess, the bike is geting a couple new things and is sitting til the parts come in)

DSC08085.jpg

Ok, between the Trailer, Paint Roller, and now the wheel chock...we got to knock this stuff off.

I've got one of those in my garage:poke:

I have the same one, much improved over the first chock they sold.

Glad you're happy with it. I've got the $29.00 smaller one. Dennis had one of those break on him.

Have heard a lot of good things about the HF chock.

I have 3 of those on my trailer. Like Do3 pointed out, I almost lost the Busa when their cheap loop chock broke.

the smaller baxley esk one is a POS. that one looks to have a little more to it

Have you tried it on concrete yet? The only problem I had with mine was it will slide on smooth surfaces so it is a pain to put it in and get it out sometimes. I also had to flip the part around to make sure it was correct and it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got two of those in my trailer and one on my Harbor Freight bike lift in the garage. I love em....and sooooo much cheaper than the Condors:thumbsup:

Have you tried it on concrete yet? The only problem I had with mine was it will slide on smooth surfaces so it is a pain to put it in and get it out sometimes. I also had to flip the part around to make sure it was correct and it was.

I absolutly cannot use mine on concrete; neither my KLR, not my VTX, nor my 'Busa can be parked on the chock. It simply slides across the concrtete floor.

Anybody want it for the price os shipping? I'm warning you ahead of time: it's a real POS!

I like my HF one also, I have a condor and the HF one and they both work the same, And the HF one is alot cheaper and works just as good.:thumbsup:

I have two of the same chock and I like it .. Got them on sale for like 50 bucks each
I pin them on the trailer for easy remove and use them in the garage
Good product for the price

Works great for my B-King, though could use some washers to fill in the side-to-side slop on the pivot rod.

Back