Sometimes it is the rider

soundman

Registered
Was out the my bike yesterday and met up with a guy on a 09 Busa. We rode around for a bit when we came to a long straight stretch of isolated road. He pulls over and says he wants to see how much faster the 2nd gen is than the 1st gen (i'm riding an 06) and wants to see if I want to race from a standing start. We line up I hit my horn to start us and off we go. He got me off the line but by the time we ran out of straight road (probably close to a half mile) I had pulled about 5 bike lengths on him. He looks stunned. I asked him if he let me win but he says no, he was hard on it. He thought he might have been in a lower power mode but nope, full power. I've only had this bike about a month and have no history of it but I've been though every inch of it and the only performance mod I can find is D&D Slip ons. I guess I was just a little more aggressive on the throttle than he was.

Sometimes it is the rider. I have been on the track with the throttle pinned in 2nd gear and watched a fellow member ride by me on an 08 on the back wheel. :laugh:

Well it's not always the rider. You should have never drove around a Gen II all things equal, much less five bikes in a half mile. About how much do you guys weigh ? because the Gen II with stock exhaust weighs 29 pounds more than a stock Gen II. The D&D slipons may have saved you a few more pounds. Just curious.

Well it's not always the rider. You should have never drove around a Gen II all things equal, much less five bikes in a half mile. About how much do you guys weigh ? because the Gen II with stock exhaust weighs 29 pounds more than a stock Gen II. The D&D slipons may have saved you a few more pounds. Just curious.

Ok, not ALWAYS, just almost always:laugh: Good rider on a gen1 will smoke a bad rider on a gen2, or any other bike.
The gearing is different stock between gen1 and 2(to better suit different engine power curve) but it may have been changed from stock on either bike also.

Ok, not ALWAYS, just almost always:laugh: Good rider on a gen1 will smoke a bad rider on a gen2, or any other bike.
The gearing is different stock between gen1 and 2(to better suit different engine power curve) but it may have been changed from stock on either bike also.

Well, I also took into account that he said the guy got the jump on him from the start.

Well, I also took into account that he said the guy got the jump on him from the start.

Oh yeah, not argueing or doubting you. Sounds like the gen2 guy lost his nerve or was shifting really lazy, especially if he jumped ahead quick at the start...as you would expect him to do.:thumbsup:

He looked like he probably weighed about 200 and I'm about 160.
His bike was copper
Mine is Red/Black. LOL

Oh and he was running Bridgestones and I'm running Shinkos!!! :poke:

i thik your competition just didnt have it in him. I am more then sure the bike he had was more then capable of winning.

He looked like he probably weighed about 200 and I'm about 160.
His bike was copper
Mine is Red/Black. LOL

Oh and he was running Bridgestones and I'm running Shinkos!!! :poke:

It's always about the RIDER, that combined with the weight difference will have him seeing tail lights every time... :rofl:

I've seen guys on 600's beat BUSA's only because they have no freaking clue what they are doing. Everyone thinks they can buy the biggest/baddest bike and be fastest. Funny how still in 2011, they still haven't figured that out... :laugh:

Well, my 2 cents worth. You had the weight difference going for you and another thing to consider
are the cans he/you are running. A set of poorly matched open cans can lose 15 horse right off
the bat and as I've mentioned before on here, open cans shift the torque band upwards. So...you've got
variables in the game along with whatever mods if any he's had done to his bike.
Anyway, congratos, ya done good..!!!

Back