clutch problems

tgrant1024

Registered
not to long ago my clutch lost pressure and i couldnt ride at all.... i took it to the shop and they bled the clutch and the problem was fixed. i cant start the bike with the clutch fully squeezed i have to release it just right for it to start. engaged to much and it wont start release it to much and it wont start... but once i get it started its fine... how can i fix this problem without taking it back to the shop

AS Rockethead said just need to adjust them. My after market Pazzo look alikes wont engage on the No1 setting but will on the No2 so i use that as a saftey feature when i park it:thumbsup:

Two options. 1) get advice or research the manuals on adjusting the clutch so that the switch works properly or 2) take it to the shop and try to convince them that they owe you a properly working clutch. Best of luck.

IMHO it should have never gone out their door this way.

Definately agree with you on this one but if you dont feel like going through the whole shop process again you could try adjusting them yourself and see what you come up with, if you still cant get it to engage properly then id say take it to the shop and ask them why they didnt fix it and to please make it right. :please: :thumbsup:

I have a problem with it engaging when levers 90% of the way out.. I've bled it twice and adjusted the lever and still no change.. only other option is to check clutch discs..

oneclassic70, if it wont GRAB at 90% out.. that is the opposite of air in the lines... if you had air it would be hard to get it to DISENGAGE unless its all the way against the bar. Ask me how i know. :whistle:

So Im guessing you need some new discs.

Back