Bike lift

Rongotti

Registered
I was going to buy this one

But then my buddy told me to go with this one

Thoughts?

I know they make a $400 to $500 one but that is out of my price range for right now.

I bought this one but I can always return it, I want to use it for everything I can schexy1. I am going to need to replace a hub on my bike this week. I know you hvae to take both front plastics off to use it but it seemed like more clearance than the stands offer.
mail

I was going to buy this one

But then my buddy told me to go with this one

Thoughts?

I know they make a $400 to $500 one but that is out of my price range for right now.

For sure not the second one, Redline makes great stands also, And not much more than them.

I bought this one but I can always return it, I want to use it for everything I can schexy1. I am going to need to replace a hub on my bike this week. I know you hvae to take both front plastics off to use it but it seemed like more clearance than the stands offer.
mail

Be careful if you bought the high lift one, You can easliy bend stuff and your bike can fall off it.

why not the second one? can you give me some cons to it

It will work, But they are alot harder to lift a sport bike with one of them than a harley, Because a harley you are under the frame and it is all flat, A sportbike you are under the exhaust and is is not near as steady and if you have aftermarket exhaust they will bend easier than the factory exhaust will. When you are lifting under the frame (like on harley) it will work pretty good, And you will have alot harder time keeping it on there without bending something or it falling off. If you are using it on the bike you got from Sonny I would go with just front and rear stands, Because i think it has aftermarket exhaust. You will be able to do whatever you need to do to the hubs with just the front and rear stands. Just my 2 cents:laugh:

why not the second one? can you give me some cons to it

Yeah.
Those jacks are made for cruisers and ATV's with a bottom frame. No place to get an even lift on a busa with one of those.
I use that kind of jack on my harleys.
On a sport bike it's rear spool stands and front fork stands, or a triple tree pin stand in the front.

I would not want to have to remove the plastic every time I wanted to lift the bike. I have both types, and only use the high lift one on my Harley. I would go with a Red Line, or a Pit Bull rear stand for most things.

OK so I took back the lift and got the rear tire stand :beerchug:
Thanks for all the advice, I should have checked first then bought lol:bowdown:

I actually own the central hydrolics lift (the yellow one from first post) and the craftsman (red and black from another post) they both work fine but i havent tried to jack the busa up with them yet, havent needed too yet but they work great for my harleys and my dirtbikes. might want to make sure you get one that will accommodate the frame of a busa.

ok, next question..............
Can I buy another one for the front or do they not fit the same stand?

I think I just found my answer

Back