Snowed in..So I am just wondering...

StwBusa

Banned
Ok... Here's a topic for debate... I am home and bored (Snow bound in Dallas) and I guess I am just trying to see what peoples thoughts are....

We all know the speed capabilities of the modern sportbike..Hayabusa in particular..and we have all been at at least 130ish Mph .. Right?? So if you were doing this speed(or more) and blasted past a cop... He lights up...Do you pull over or gun it??

So far I have been lucky and not been in this situation (luck rather than good judgment :whistle:) But I am really not sure what I would do... I know all you sensible guys will tell me I am irresponsible but then again who really owns a 190 plus Mph sportbike and can claim they are "responsible" :rofl:

:beerchug:

Been in this situation actually.....twice

So my answer is depends on where you are really and how well you know back roads, side roads, (yards lol) and if you have a buddy nearby that will let you use his garage for storage if needs be for a few days.

One of my incidents were in a car and I blew past a cop at around 140. I was long gone off the free way before he made any kind of advance on me.

Second was on a sport bike, 120 middle of the night, took me three hours to get the bike home through the woods, and I lucked out it wasnt my bike. (long story for those that think bad on this one)

Both of the above were when I was 18.

I would pull over now for multiple reasons, like you cannot outrun a radio, kids, wife, house, insurance, jail, and I am one of two people in town owning a hayabusa and only one that is my color. Soooooo, I would stop.

i think if it were me: if i was sure he was gonna give chase... i would pull over and wait on him...

if i wasnt sure...i'd slow WAY down and cruise along while sayin a prayer we all know well:laugh:

but my first choice is to not see any police at all! (at least while i'm being a bad boy:laugh:) i try to accomplish this by knowing the area, the frequency of patrols, etc. its worked thus far, luckily.

Stop, use my legendary charm, thank them for the ticket and ride on down the road...:laugh:

Depends if I’m riding alone or in a pack. If I'm by myself I would pull over but with a group I would scatter like an illegal immigrant baby!!!! I’m one of at least 5 people in my town that have an 08 pumpkin so who’s to say it was me??

I don't think I would ever run. To many things can go wrong too fast. I try and make sure that situation does not come up.

Which ones more valuable, the ticket or your wife/kids/life? or someone else's wife/kids/life? Take your medicine like a man.

Ok... I am home and bored (Snow bound in Dallas) and I guess I am just trying to see what peoples thoughts are....

We all know the speed capabilities of the modern sportbike..Hayabusa in particular..and we have all been at at least 130ish Mph .. Right?? So if you were doing this speed(or more) and blasted past a cop... He lights up...Do you pull over or gun it??

Since it's snowing like crazy--- GUN IT ! :thumbsup:

33962-picture-ice-racing-hayabusa-found-haya_iceracer1.jpg

i dont understand why anyone would run, just pull over, save your life and maybe save someone elses...

I have never been stopped on a bike.

Have a golden rule, if there is a vehicle behind me, or coming from the opposite direction and I can't 100% see that it is not a LEO, I don't speed.

If the worst happens, I will pull over the moment I notice trouble, that way I have time to stop, take off my helmet and be as nice as I can. If you get caught, your life is in the hands of the LEO who stops you, try and make the best of it. If you upset him, things will just go downhill.

There's a two lane, one way road, I like to bust out at 130-140mph on the way home. To catch me, the Sherrif would be coming the opposite direction and would need to make a U turn. Common sense would say "by the time he turns, you're long gone".

Now being a creature of habit and going home the same way everyday, I'm sure at some point he'd be waiting for me. So, would I stop? If he hit the lights yes. If he looks at me when I pass, oh well..

What, did it snow like a patchy inch down there... in places? I do love watching the college kids with Texas and cali plates driving in the snow up here. :laugh:

I got pulled over on my bike over the summer. I was tucked, just cruisin along... noticed a car in front of me pulling off to the side, so I slow down a bit, sit up to see if they have a flat or something. At exactly that moment, when I could see in my mirrors again, I see I've got a copper on my ass. Ohhhh, that's why they were pulling over. I didn't even know I was being followed. Can't outrun my lisc plate number so I pull over.

cop-well that's not the smartest thing I've ever seen.

me-what, speeding or actually pulling over?

cop-I clocked you 3 or 4 miles ago at 102, then you ramped up to 120... I thought you were gonna run, but then you just stayed at 120 with me tailing ya, so then I assumed you just didn't know I was there.

me-sounds about right. So, what's that gonna cost me?

cop-well, I'll just right it for the 102, about 320 bucks.

me-guess ya gotta pay to play huh?

cop-just slow it down will ya.

me-sure

My first thought wold be to run, but I know this would be the outcome:
- Cop Clips High Speed Biker[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
for me it depends.. short answer is i would run
BUT, if i'm already doing over 100mph, i'm on a back road out in the country, anyway. much lower frequency of cops AND traffic, which means running puts myself at risk much, much more than anyone else. and i can't happen to afford a ticket/insurance/etc..

but in the city getting caught at 15 over, i'd go ahead and stop. you can't outrun a radio and your chances of talking yourself out of the ticket goes away if you run and admit fault

What, did it snow like a patchy inch down there... in places? I do love watching the college kids with Texas and cali plates driving in the snow up here. :laugh:

For North Texas we got a lot...on top of a good layer of ice.....

013.jpg

016.jpg

Back