transmission problem

barqawy

Registered
i recently bought a 2006 hayabusa , it only has 1st ,2nd and 3rd gear no gears higher than that the shifter pedal stops there ! the guy i bought it of told me he replaced all of the gears and parts in it but the mechanic who worked on it disapeared ! someone told me it might needs some kinda adjustments , anybody have any idea about that ? im a car mechanic i dont know much about bikes but im willing to take the chance and open it if its somthing minor ..

can anybody help me or gimme an idea of what im gonna face if i open it

thanks guys

im guessing shift fork.. just a extremely wild gues tho wont shift up while ur riding or is it a standing shifting??

im guessing shift fork.. just a extremely wild gues tho wont shift up while ur riding or is it a standing shifting??

I agree with the shift fork possibility, or maybe even a bent shift rod. Either way, something was assembled incorrectly, and you have a crankcase split in front of you . . .:whistle:

yes i did know it had problems , although the guy i bought it of told me he put new gears and forks in it .. today i decided to work on it a bit and i opened both ends right and left and looked inside and everything does look to be new ! it does shift 1st second and third and down shifts fine but it doesnt go higher than 3rd ! i took out the shifter rod and the case ( housing) behind it , theres a like a star nutt with a spring that holds it .. when i turn that manualy it goes to all 3 gears and stops , i loosened it and pulled it out like quearter of an inch and it gave me all 6 gear ! of course thats while im turning the back wheel at the same tiem to engage th egears ! but when i put it back in place and tighten it , it doesnt pass 3rd gear it feels like somthign gets stuck there !

if i wanna open this trany do i have to take out the whole engine out ? and open the whole thing up or is there a trick or a way to pull them gears out or take a better look inside without all this hassle !

apreciate it guys !

Based on the fact that you're not sure what was actually done, and the time of the year I'd suggest you take it apart and then send the trans off to Mark @ R&D to have it done right.

It's easier (and less expensive) to do it right the first time rather than go through the time, hassle and expense of repairing it several times.

Chet

if i wanna open this trany do i have to take out the whole engine out ? and open the whole thing up or is there a trick or a way to pull them gears out or take a better look inside without all this hassle !

apreciate it guys !
(A)Yes you do...(B)or you can flip your bike upside down and work on it while it rests on the handle bars and rear seat but in doing so your gas oil brake fluid and water are all going to go places they arent supposed to be .....so id go with option (A)

So your a car tech. If you are a confident wrench you will have no problem taking the engine out and splitting the cases. I've been a car wrench for about 20 year's and my busa was the first bike I ever split to fix the tran's. I got a manual and tore it apart. Easy. go for it.

Just saw a used tranny for sale on psychobike.com in the classifieds.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i figured when i pull the shifter rod only 2 mm the trany works fine so i just put two washers behind the C clamp that holds it in place and gave it that freeplay it needed and now its shifting great !! i didnt have to pull it out or anything .. i just hope its not gonna seez up on me when i take it out for a test drive after the 2 ft of snow we have actully melts ..

Back