Led Install?

Shaggy

Registered
Does anyone know of an install thread on here for LED glow lights? I've done plenty of searches but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'd like to see exactly where everything is mounted (remote box, wires, etc). I've seen threads on light placement, but not the actual install. Also, I'm trying to be kind of lazy and not completely remove all of the plastic for this if possible. If not, that's fine. I have all day Saturday to complete the project. Oh, by the way, I have a 9 strip kit from Joe Florida. Thanks. Pics will definately follow...

Well I thought I had one on here, but I guess not. Check out bigrod. I'm pretty sure he's got one. One thing I will tell you is a lot of people mount the ones for the fairing holes on the fairings themselves, but if you do that you'll have to disconnect em everytime you need to take the fairings off. I put mine on the frame for the top holes and the radiator surround for the bottom ones.

i was just about to say you should hit up semi or captain. i know they did semi's bike and would prob. have some good info for ya.

so for kind of hijacking the thread or what-not but whats the brightest led strips that yall use?:whistle:

I have stingerz and hyper LEDs from custom dynamics. The brightness I believe really depends on what color you go with.

To do a good job it is easier to just take off the plastic. You will spend more time trying to get behind the plastic and hide the wires than it would take you to just take out the 20 - 30 screws and 8 push pins and just lift off the plastic, work smarter not harder. :beerchug:
You will not have to take off the nose unless you plan on putting them in the ram vents. If you are going to be lazy about it don't do it yourself or you well end up with a bike that is not evenly lit. You want the light the same all around the bike not more in some spot and less in others.

Don't forget the connectors if you put them on the plastic, and watch for heat I have fried 2 sets mounting to the frame near the motor. Water proof connectors are the way to go:thumbsup: Good luck and post pics:beerchug:

+1 on the connectors. I can pull off ecch piece of plastic and just unplug the lights on that part. Spend a little more time on the install save a lot later. You would be a fool if u belive the light install is the last time you will have to take your plastic off.

Got them installed. Turned out pretty good. Pay no attention to the dull paint. Covered in wax
adbf0ec1-eb1a-cad8.jpg

adbf0ec1-eb2f-1ce4.jpg

adbf0ec1-eb45-b14e.jpg

Back