Hot Feet

Gpmo

Registered
on my gen 1 my feet get really warm from the yoshi exhaust. I searched around on forums but couldn't find if anyone had the same issue or solution.

Its mainly my heel that gets uncomfortable warm. I am planning on getting some Buell pegs so maybe that will help. I've also thought of wrapping that section. Anything will help.

The wrap will cool it down a few degrees and is worth trying. The only other cheap thing would be a piece of carbon fiber clamped on. Off of a trashed muffler and cut to fit. May sound crazy but I've seen quite a few from totaled bikes over the years for dirt cheap, and CF is a great heat sheild.
Ceramic coating isn't cheap, but wouldn't be bad just for the midpipe. It's probably the best bet. It's good to cool things down a few degrees. Jet-Hot has their original chrome look finish if you don't want black or colors too.

i dislike chrome or polished. I will look into CF.

thanks for your input

I don't like the shine either. If your pipe is ss or aluminum already it will look much the same as it already is. Ceramic coat is also available in many colors too, depending on the vendor.

i got a full yosh set up and my feet are fine. if anything, my knees get warm in the summer. is your pipe cut short, or anything else that may cause the heat to your feet?

on my gen 1 my feet get really warm from the yoshi exhaust. I searched around on forums but couldn't find if anyone had the same issue or solution.

Its mainly my heel that gets uncomfortable warm. I am planning on getting some Buell pegs so maybe that will help. I've also thought of wrapping that section. Anything will help.

Try wearing shoes/boots.

as far as i know the exhaust was not cut short or routed wrong. i will get some pics and post them up.

Strange, I have worn sandals before, I know it is unsafe but anyways, I had no heat issues and it was summertime.

Back