Salvageable?

StrtRac3r

Registered
So my buddy crashed his 02, it has alot of good parts... But I'm trying to decide if I wanna buy it from the insurance company and fix it. I'm 90/10% sure I want too.... Here's the info

GOOD

Frame ok
Swingarm ok
Subframe ok
Right lower fairing ok
Rear fairing ok
Entire yosh exhaust ok
Engine ok
Not a scratch or dent in the tank
The entire tail and right side is fine

THE BAD SEEN SO FAR

Radiator
Oil cooler
Wheels
Front right caliper mount (and I would change forks just in case)
Clutch lever
Headlight
Front and left side fairing
Left bar end

You should be able to replace everything fairly cheap if you buy used parts. It depends on how much you are able to get the bike for if it is a good deal or not IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price is everything! How much can you get it for? If you ever want to sell it in future, a salvage title won't bring as much money either.

The slack adjuster bolt on one side of the swingarm did bend, but the said it looked like that was all the movement

Looks like a sweet deal if everything you say is good really is :thumbsup:

Couple grand to fix her up but still nice.

500 you bet,1200 eehh. You can get an o2 busa fairly cheap in todays market. My ins offered 1800 for my 08 I let them keep it. Not much I would trust on that bike unless I had plans to make a bad a$$ go cart .

ok so i hope these pics work... anyway a little more detail because its alot faster on the comp to type than iphone. the person i had look at the bike is a retired mechanic, so there is possibility of him being wrong. hopefully that possibility is slim but its there. and what the lawyer said was they should offer it for 10% of the value of the settlement because of the price of replacing with new parts, which is 5200 soooo it more than likely will be closer to 520 than 1k but i dont want to get my hopes up at such a low price.

im sure there are some odds and ends that i didnt mention, for example the front and rear left turn signal and headlight.

bottom line is i want some opinions knowing there can be some unknown problem if its worth getting to fix, or part out if a problem shows itself.

thanks for all the input

busa photo1.jpg

busa photo2.jpg

busa photo3.jpg

I would go through the whole bike and make a detailed list of everything effected by that crash. Alot of the left side seems pretty beat up. And i would have the frame and swingarm checked again because if the adjustment bolts are bent then the arm itself may have taken a slight bend to it. But if you can get it that cheap and can find all the parts for a decent price then jump on it if its all good! :beerchug:

Damage seems kinda odd to me, how is the right side fine but the mirrors destroyed?

I'd honestly buy it and part it out and buy another one, i dont think i could ever trust a bike with this much power after it went down, on 2 wheels a little part overlooked can be life and death

my bike looked alot worse than that when i went down. I put it back together with ebay stuff and alot of work. I"ll give you $600 for it right now. that would make another great drag bike. where are you at? for real, I"d buy that bike in a new york minute! $520bucks ? hell yea!

Last edited:
Back