Bike Lock???

Jasquini

Registered
Hey all,

My father and I are going on a nice long road trip and would like to lock our 2 Busa's together.
Any thoughts or ideas on what to get? Something that is not going to break the bank, but not so cheap that someone can just cut it off.

Thanks

No advice, but I did watch a video years ago and the chains / cables aren't that hard to over come. You can get a rotor lock from one of our sponsors or you can get ground flooring housing and roll them inside for the night. Good luck. :thumbsup:

+100 to tips above. Roadlok each bike (awesome deal here for Gen 1s): http://www.bikebone.com/page/BBSC/PROD/MID/RoadLokS2
then maybe kryptonite cable/chain between both bikes: not 100% thief-proof but will at least slow em down a bit (or skip your bikes as targets altogether).

999867.jpg
999508.jpg
ArachnidS2Pic.jpg

Put a paging alarm with a proximity sensor on at least one bike, park close together. The other is at least partially-protected then. Chain them together with the kryptonite cable, and roadlok each of them. Make the thieves work for it.

Like others said, try to park indoors if possible. If not, park where you can see it from a window. Pay the hotel a little extra to park in a lighted area or next to their office if it's staffed all the time. A little preparation goes a long way.

If the thieves really want it, they'll get it; just don't make it easy for them.

Back