New Seat

Lil guy Big Busa

Registered
So i got lucky yesterday, and my buddy called me and said that his buddy wanted to trade me his aftermarket seat for my stock one straight up, im not really sure what brand it it, maybe you guys will be able to tell my my bike is still in jackson ohio, i pick it up tomorrow, but i figured i couldnt go wrong with this trade.
What happen was is the guy that traded me the seat was a bigger guy, bought this seat, sold his stocker before it got there, and found out he was a little large for the seat, and sits on the raised part of the seat, so he wanted a stock one back, and i just happen to have one:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Pics to follow downloading off droid now:thumbsup:

here they are, had him put my seat cowl on and take the grab bar off for me:thumbsup:

326.jpg

328.jpg

329.jpg

330.jpg

anybody tell by looking what seat that is by looking and did i get the better in of the deal, i think chad told me it might be a corbin but he wasnt sure

:thumbsup: If it was a corbin it would have a tag on it looks like a tobin seat but cant be sure good luck with it

hey regardless it was free and didnt cost me anything, if i dont like it i will just buy the gel seat i was planning on getting and have a extra seat laying around:thumbsup:

They are supposed to be very good and lower you a bit also keep you from sliding back good spare if you don't like.

that's why I haven't bought one of those seats, I knew it would be for smaller guys. I look at that seat and think, there ain't no way my big arse is gonna fit in there :laugh:

I'm 6'-2'' and 240lbs. I sat on one of those seats and my big butt was pressed against the raised back and my nuts were smashed against the tank so that style doesn't work for me but if your smaller they work great. I think even if you don't like it you got the better end of the deal. You could always find someone with gel seat who wants to trade.

i cant wait to see how this bike feels with my tiny ass on it, all buddies who have the bigger bikes are way bigger then me, and there bikes still pull hard as hell, and most of them weigh 60-70lbs more then me

It’s all about power to weight ratio and you’re on the better side of that. I was having lunch with a buddy of mine last week and he was telling me about some part he was going to change on his R1 that was going to save him less than 1 pound in weight…..All the mean while he is eating a triple cheese burger from Wendy’s. I couldn’t help but laugh at him and ask him how much faster his bike would have been if he ate a salad.

It’s all about power to weight ratio and you’re on the better side of that. I was having lunch with a buddy of mine last week and he was telling me about some part he was going to change on his R1 that was going to save him less than 1 pound in weight…..All the mean while he is eating a triple cheese burger from Wendy’s. I couldn’t help but laugh at him and ask him how much faster his bike would have been if he ate a salad.

thats awesom lol:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's a Tobin or New Image seat(same thing). As mentioned, some folks love em, some hate em. I'm 5'10" 175lbs and I don't like them, I need to be able to slide back, as well as side to side. They limit movement too much for knee draggin too. You're just stuck in it. You may love, if not you should have no problem trading it here for a stocker or the gel. I also had the gel and hated it to. It was rock hard(never broke in)and it was very hot in the summer. I've had Corbin's before and I have one now, very comfortable...for ME.
If you decide to buy something different, the best thing to do is try to find someone close to you with what you want and try it out. Seats can make or break any bike, and everyone's opinions on them are different. Aside from the seats already mentioned, there are also Sergeant seats, and Saddleman. The Saddleman is something different and I will be trying it soon. The groove in it looks comfortable, check it out, and I hope you find the right one for you.:beerchug:
Search Results : Saddlemen Motorcycle Seats, Luggage and Accessories, Saddlemen motorcycle seats, luggage and accessories.

I know that bike! Sent you a PM.

lol i got your pm, and replied, im not sure when im picking it up, if i do pick it up, waiting on them to get my paycheck mailed to me:banghead::banghead:

you kinda had the story right, my buddy who im buying the bike from, had a 929, sold it and got a 08 pumpkin, didnt like it, said it wasnt comfortable, sold it to the guy who had this bike and bought this bike from him, not sure how it all went down exactly, but somewhere along those lines, you can see the 08 in the background in one of the pics

Back