Are modular helmets dorky???

no, but I am not sure how well the chin piece would hold up. I know alot use them...and they have to be tested, so perhaps they hold up pretty well?

Have you googled any reviews?

Most tracks don't allow them. Most strips don't either if you can do over 120. If you are street only, I don't think there's anything wrong with them.

:laugh: the only people i have seen wearing them well lets say i think i saw them on the people of walmart.com as well :rofl:

They'd be nice if you spend much time stuck in slow traffic. They're also good for talking to other riders while stopped, if you don't have radios.

Around here only the posers wear them.

You know the type, cruising the streets on their super-loud harley. Stopping at every light and looking around like, "Who sees me, who sees me? Do you see me? LOOK AT ME!"

in the summer i see this older guy all leathered out on a honda ruckus at the 711 by the house alot, flips it up and goes in to the store.....

It really bothers me:poke:

There are a few snell modulars. I like a modular for talking, haveing a smoke, when its hot out, etc. But not for racing.

Here's one of a few
Zeus ZS-3000A Helmet

LOL, i like their first line of the description

A worlds first: SNELL certified modular flip front helmet

i knew there weren't too many, kinda neat to see that the technology has gotten to where they will though..

personally i always thought modulars were kinda nice... never owned one, but looked at them plenty...

i can't hear poop, and feel like i gotta scream when i have my helmet on... would be nice to be able to just flip it up...

:thumbsup:

Beauty (or dorkyness) is in the eye of the beholder. :rulez:

cheers
ken

Love modular helmets... I own two in addition to a half a dozen others but almost exclusively use the mods these days.

I had one and just bought another. I like them cause when it's hot outside I can lift it at a red-light and just drop it when the light turns green.

Back