My new HJC RPS-10 helmet

apehog

Registered
For those of you in the market for a new helmet, I want to recommend HJC's latest offering...the RPS-10. This is by far an outstanding helmet regarding weight, quietness and build quality. It features a pinlock shield which seems to do the job at keeping fogging away, altho I haven't yet rode in the rain with it.

Contrary to what I had heard earlier, this particular helmet is made in Korea and not China. The fit is excellent and I don't have a problem with it tipping forward and trying to block my vision like my old HJC AC-11 did while in a tuck.

In my opinion, HJC is making a premium high quality alternative to Shoei or Arai for a more affordable price. Don't misunderstand me, I wanted to get an Arai...they fit my head type better than Shoei, but then again, so does the RPS-10 and I saved hundreds of dollars that'll be going to a full exhaust system.

There are several places to get them including vendors on this site, but I chose to get mine locally from Motorcycles Unlimited in Houston.

Picture or Video 335.jpg

Picture or Video 336.jpg

Only time will tell how the good the ventilation is. The big test will be when the weather warms up again. I'm fairly confident that it'll be excellent.

I have heard alot a great things about this helmet. It looks very nice too! Let us know what you think of it after some good hours in it! :beerchug:

I've become a fan of HJC - great value - and there visors are basically distortion free even after being in use for a season or two. Their "Large" fits my noggle very well and the padding settles nicely, throw the padding in the wash and dry and it feels newly snug and fresh...

Back