Lowered bikes and your kickstands

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Im droppin her all the way this season, gonna try to tuck the 240 a bit. Loose a few links, pull the tire in and gut the undertail is the plan, we'll see how that goes. Anyway, Im gettin a kickstand cut down by BigBadDodge, I need some pics of low bikes and the stands that hold em so I can get an idea of how much needs to be taken out. I dont wanna spend the money or like the looks of the aftermarket adjustable stands, so next best thing is cut stocker.

Im thinking I should error on the side of longer then do the kickstand mod if needed or bend it out a bit?

Opinons and pics please:thumbsup:

She looks silly with her butt up the air...

SANY1192.jpg

lowered and cut stock kickstand with the kickstand mod, if you look hard you will find the bike:laugh::laugh:

Attachments

• busa wash.bmp
    488.2 KB · Views: 2,413
How low are you guys? I've got soupy's on order so I can fail it in just right, just lookin
For a ballpark to start from
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

i got the three hole lowering links set at the lowest it will go ..ohh yeah about 1 inch in the front 1inch to 1.5
i cut my stand where the the nub sticks out cut it off and welded foot back on and did the kickstand mod works like a charm even when i go drag racin and pull the strap tight

dont look to hard shes hurt and needs some paint

090.jpg

Here's mine. In the last two pics, you can see where the kickstand was cut.

May 1 2010 008.jpg

May 1 2010 004.jpg

May 16 ride 500 miles 004.jpg

May 27 pics 007.jpg

How low are you guys? I've got soupy's on order so I can fail it in just right, just lookin
For a ballpark to start from
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Mine's 2 inches front and rear. By the way, I didn't even do the kickstand mod and I've never had any problems with it.

i personally forgoed the stand mod, and just bought an aftermarket stand that fit appropriatly...

it may not be the cheapest route certainly... but it worked well, fit correct, and looked a little nicer than stock... there are a ton of options for either adjustable, or shortened stands that will fit the bill..

im 1 1/2 down front and rear

just my .02

no pic sorry

I did the cut, weld, grind, and repaint the stock item. If you don't like the lean after you shorten it heat it up and give it a bit of a bend...just keep the pad on the bottom

Back