Turbo Busa ???

bbjr822

Registered
Just wondering if anybody that has put a turbo on thier busa regrets it. Dont want to spend that kind of money if its not all that its cranked up to be. As you can see by my avitar i am coming off a 2003 gsxr 1000 with loads of work and it seemed faster than my 2009 silver busa stock right now.Looking at a stage one rcc turbo or full pipe with custom tune on wich ever I decide to go with,use the bike as a commuter whenever the weather allows in NYand love the twisties.Any input would be appreciated before I spend the cash.

my good buddy with his turbo zx14 on 8lbs (which is abour 260hp on his setup) of boost with his wife on the back walked away from my friends 07 gsxr 1000 like it was standing still, and the 1000 had a pc pipe air filter and up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket, it was bad really bad, lol and the guy on the 1000 said i was giving it all it had and it felt like i just let of the throttle completely the way you pulled on me:laugh::laugh:

Just wondering if anybody that has put a turbo on thier busa regrets it. Dont want to spend that kind of money if its not all that its cranked up to be. As you can see by my avitar i am coming off a 2003 gsxr 1000 with loads of work and it seemed faster than my 2009 silver busa stock right now.Looking at a stage one rcc turbo or full pipe with custom tune on wich ever I decide to go with,use the bike as a commuter whenever the weather allows in NYand love the twisties.Any input would be appreciated before I spend the cash.

Pipefighter248 put one on and took it back off shortly after.

Set up and mapped correctly they are totally streetable, and have the added benefit of having more power than you ever dreamed possible. Even after over 30 years of riding turbos on the street and track, I would say that they can still give you the scare of your life at times (IMO). Normally aspirated bikes don't come close . . .:lol:

my buddy with the zx14 thats all he rides is street, hes has a stage 2 kit from mr. turbo capable of over 400hp, just in case he needs it lol, but mostly he rides corners and he loves the turbo set up, once you get one you may be hooked. A turbo is my purchase with next years tax return, this was the the bike:whistle:

I can say this much, I rode two turbo bikes last year that were owned by friends and I'm now partially through the install of one on my bike. It's the best.:thumbsup: I highly doubt you'll regret it. The best part is if you don't want to go extremely fast just don't twist the throttle very hard and you are riding a stock bike.

I don't know what a stock busa feels like, i bought mine turbo'd...Funniest 10k i ever spent

I bet you just love that monster! Once money issues are all straightened out i am looking to go turbo too. But buying one turbod already would be quite the rush :thumbsup:

I did my turbo spring of last year. SRP stage 1. I beat the hell out of it daily, and put 6k miles on it after the tune. (spacer installed) If anything, I think my bike was more streetable with the turbo. With the lowered compression, the bikes smoother, and less "jumpy". It gets about the same gas mileage if you keep out of the throttle, but what's the fun of that? It sounds cool, and of yeah, it hauls ass!!! I kept it stock wheelbase and it was a bit of a hand full at 247whp, but a ton of fun. This year, now is a stage 2, with an arm, and pretty much set up to be a drag bike. But it can still be ridden on the street with ease.
dyno039.jpg

Turbobikes have You screeming in Your helmet when You ride!!

Fun for sure!!

Here's My little Turbo giggy>>

SA400075-1.jpg

Turbobikes have You screeming in Your helmet when You ride!!

Fun for sure!!

Here's My little Turbo giggy>>

SA400075-1.jpg

good looking bike what kind of numbers that thing putting down, and what turbo kit you got the guy that i bought my busa off is getting a k7 gixxer, and is looking at turbo kits just curious:beerchug:

Back