Who runs Pilot Power tires?

tjd

Registered
I have 29,000 miles on my 2000 Busa, and up to know have always run the OEM Bridgestone BT56's. I searched all over, couldnt find any BT56's , so I ordered the Pilot Power tires. For those who have put the Pilot Power tires on your Busa, any feedback would be appreciated, especially how they compare to the BT56's.

Thanks

i have the pilot power 2cts and love them. great tires and they stick like glue. i'm not a track guy but i do love to hit the twisties up and they are great in my book.:thumbsup:

I have run about ten sets of PP's (both regular and 2 CT's) on my Busa, including some really hard/fast riding.....and am still here to tell about it. According to other credible sources (like Tufbusa for example), I would be better served with Dunlops or other high end brands. I will be switching over when this current set of PP's wears out....to see for myself. My only problem with PP's is that they do get greasy on the track with extreme use on warm days (but since I went to slicks for the track, I have eliminated that issue). For sport touring, I see no issues. Raydog

I ran a lot of the pilot powers and really liked them. When they went to the pilot pures it seems they lost a little grab for some reason... I have pures on now and have a set of dunlops I am going to use based on reccomendations.

Tires and Motor oil seem to allways be a matter of opinion... I have tried Pirelli, Dunlop, Bridgstone, Avon and Michellin. All of these companies make great tires and have varying models some are more sticky but that usually means shorter life. For the way I ride I like the Pilot Powers 2ct great combo of sticky plus miles.( 4-5K out of the rear ) Good for touring or the twisties. :thumbsup:

I have run 4 sets 2CT on my 01 Busa, Great tire for sport riding. I have power pures on now great tire mileage you'll get about 3k / 4k out of a set.

have fun powers for a while now and love them. They are a bit more pointed so just be careful when you ride it the first time :whistle:

Michelins Pilot Power is old school now. Replaced by the PP 2ct and now the pilot pure. If you ran the BTO56 which is now farther outdated than the PP you'll get along just fine on your new pp's.

The PP tire became very popular when it was presented to us by Michelin. They seem to work pretty well for the twisty back roads but they crashed a lot at the track. Like Raydog says, they seem to loose grip when pushed hard. However, they are a step up from your BTO56 OEM tires.

Enjoy your PP's and don't look back. You may want to look into a better tire on your next set.

I'd be interested in the Date of Manufacture on you new PP's. Please post that info up when they arrive. The date stamp will be in the sidewall and it will look something like "2407" which means the 24th week of 2007.

I've run a few sets of 2 kinds of the Pilots. I think they're alot better than the stock Bridgestones, although Bridgestone makes a couple models that are superior to the Pilots.
The Pilots are decent, stick well for knee draggin for several hundred miles of street riding and then they're shot. I also could barely squeeze 2k miles out of a rear tire. They are decent in the rain too. Some folks get alot more miles out of them, but it depends on how you ride. Everyone I talk to that's had Dunlop Q2's and here on the org claims they are one of the best tires out there, and they're cheap. $200 to $230 average for a set. They are my next tire once it gets warm enough to put a knee down again.
Don't worry about the Pilots though, they're a decent tire. Just my 2 cents, you'll get alot of opinions on tires.:beerchug:

Make no mistake the pure is a great tire for the street.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for the input. Sounds like these tires will work for me. I mostly sport tour, and accelerate hard in a straight line, not much of a leaner (not many places to lean in Illinois anyway). I wanted a tire that wouldnt break loose easily, but could get decent mileage. Was getting 6500 miles rear and 17000 miles front on the Bridgestones.

Should have the tires this week. Will post the manufacure date.

I have run them on both of my 'busas and on my Buell. Love them! Unbeatable traction in the twisties and great mileage out of them(4000-5500 on the rear) I would have a hard time if they ever dicontinued them!

I have run them on both of my 'busas and on my Buell. Love them! Unbeatable traction in the twisties and great mileage out of them(4000-5500 on the rear) I would have a hard time if they ever dicontinued them!

I think they have already been discontinued.

Thanks to all for the input. Sounds like these tires will work for me. I mostly sport tour, and accelerate hard in a straight line, not much of a leaner (not many places to lean in Illinois anyway). I wanted a tire that wouldnt break loose easily, but could get decent mileage. Was getting 6500 miles rear and 17000 miles front on the Bridgestones.

If going straight with a little lean is what you want then the Pirelli Angels are the best deal out there...

How many miles you got on that Busa? They are way better than the bridgestones but suck on the track. When they get hot, they get greasy and let go with out warning.... Great for street though. I've had a few sets.

Back