Busa Problem.

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
So i stop to get my haircut bike is running and starting fine. I go to leave and the bike wont start. All i get is the buzzing from the relay and the gauges flickering as it buzzes. So then as my final effort I turn on my HID (switch) and then the bike starts. Im thinking electrical problem, Not sure what yet but its screwed up something. The gauges now do not come on at all but when I turn on the HID the oil light comes on only. Guess thats from me messing with it. I dont have time to screw with it today but looking for ideas. Im going to take all of the fairings off and look at the HID wires make sure everything looks proper.

Im just worried that now nothing comes on maybe i did something worse to it by trying to keep starting it. The bike worked and started perfectly fine up until today. Only thing i did yesterday was just adjust the headlight assembly to lower the beam of light. Maybe i hit something. I had started the bike multiple times today without issue.

No power at all now like i said before. I think the relay is bad. The battery is brand new. Going to test it to make sure didnt kill the battery or something..

EDIT: battery was fully drained. I dont know how it drained the battery completely so fast... I used a wire to short from + to - and no spark.... Charging up the battery and ill see whats up after i finish painting the floor of my trailer.

Russell, any chance you can bring it by here?

Russell, any chance you can bring it by here?

Wish i could. Just painted the floor of my trailer :laugh: I didnt have any tie down points in the trailer anyway yet :-(

The battery stays dead even on a charge. So im guessing maybe battery was shot but something caused it. Im thinking the HID... Going to take her apart tomorrow and see what the wiring looks like.

That sucks man good luck and hope fix the problem
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks man. Yeah gotta get in touch with MotoBatt and get a new battery (2 year replacement warranty on their batteries). Cant even make it spark shorting the battery with a wire or anything i can find. It is SHOT. To be sure I am going to test all my connections and make sure there isnt any problems that may have put stress on the battery. Got a multimeter from harbor freight.

Russell, if your interested, I can stop by there tomorrow... let me know.

That would be awesome Shawn. Any specific time you will be available?

I am good all day, I just need to get my fairings back on - that is all I "have" to do tomorrow.

good luck with all that, i hate electrical work. such a pain. fuse maybe. first thing that crossed my mind. sure you already checked the basic stuff.

i just got the bike and idk what its missing. i know i need a clutch cover and starter cover. does any one know wat i need to do to fix it?

broke.jpg

did want to piggy back off your thread im new and i dont know how to make my own

I know its cool man. I was more concerned that you get a dedicated thread so you get help you need cause that does not look bueno lol and i do not know what you are missing to help :laugh:

russ, wish i was there to help you and shawn, or at least bring beer and pizza and make the occasional jab at two devil dogs chasing sparks. good luck man, hope you two get it figured soon.

Sounds like you have a broken plate in the battery. Jump it off your truck and see what happens before you tear in to it.

Sounds like you have a broken plate in the battery. Jump it off your truck and see what happens before you tear in to it.

Thanks. Yeah cause i was riding it for about an hour starting it at least 4 times today before that problem then BAM. Shut it off, went in for a haircut, came out and wouldnt start....

I contacted Motobatt so we will see how their warranty procedure works....

Battery was toast and relay is also bad most likely. I am replacing them both and also my rectifier just because they tend to go bad anyway and might as well while Im at it

Thanks again Shawn for coming by and helping with everything! :thumbsup:

Back