why we wear gear

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
Here are some pics of Diana's helmet from the wreck. This was not a high speed impact (-30mph) but shows the importance of gear. She was completely knocked out by the impact and things would have been MUCH worse if she didn't have the helmet on.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Glad she is OK and praying that she gets back to tip-top shape fast. I am also a firm believer in ATGATT....dress for the slide, not the ride.

Glad she had it on. I've gone down twice at under 20 mph and broke my helmet both times on the pavement. Fortunately, I didn't break my head open instead. This is from a parking lot crash at the fall Eureka Springs MNG last year.

IMG_0474.jpg

i remember thinking, as my head bounced off the asphalt, "i'm really glad i wore all my crap today"

Dan reminded me that just before we left I considered not wearing my riding pants.

As our dear friend Don always said, "you can wash off sweat, you can't wash off road rash."

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

so glad that you are going to be ok!!! without that helmet, you would have ended up looking like Dan :laugh:

AGAT-----
I was getting lax last summer it was so hot. Thanks for sharing. I think I'll order that perf jacket and pants I was looking at. Much cheaper than road rash.

See you buy the best in gear. Wise investment.

AGAT-----
I was getting lax last summer it was so hot. Thanks for sharing. I think I'll order that perf jacket and pants I was looking at. Much cheaper than road rash.

See you buy the best in gear. Wise investment.

Gear is cheap when you look at what is on the line

very glad that she's ok and doing fine. Tell her to take it easy!!! Get her another helmet.

Of all my gear, the only thing that has to be replaced is the helment. Jacket (luckily the paramedics didn't cut it off), pants, gloves and boots came through intact. I was missing 1 piece that brought tears to my eyes - I lost the Wings I got from Acehole at the '09 Fall Bash. I got them after my Harley kill on my Vespa.

This morning, Dan and I drove out to the crash site to look for them. I still don't remember any of the wreck so it didn't freak me out or anything. Guess what, We found them!!!! :cheerleader: I'm so glad. They are a little worse for the wear, but not bad - kinda like me.

Of all my gear, the only thing that has to be replaced is the helment. Jacket (luckily the paramedics didn't cut it off), pants, gloves and boots came through intact. I was missing 1 piece that brought tears to my eyes - I lost the Wings I got from Acehole at the '09 Fall Bash. I got them after my Harley kill on my Vespa.

This morning, Dan and I drove out to the crash site to look for them. I still don't remember any of the wreck so it didn't freak me out or anything. Guess what, We found them!!!! :cheerleader: I'm so glad. They are a little worse for the wear, but not bad - kinda like me.

Di, those wings have done their job. I'll bring you a new set at the next spring bash. Pin those on your wall or pass them on to someone else needing a little watching over!

Glad you are doing well..:thumbsup:

Very glad to hear the helmet did its job, And glad to hear Diane is doing good

Very glad she had gear on. My bike is sitting for a week until mine new gear arrives I don't want to even take that chance! But on a lighter note I just noticed how close we live Dan...I stay in Lufkin, Tx which is basically a stone's throw(who say's that anymore:rofl:) away from you guy's. That is very cool. :beerchug: This next one I drink is for all the people who are not (TOO COOL) for gear!

Back