BUSA VS older bikes

E Zurcher

Registered
I used to own an 82 GS1100E. If I were to compare my 1100 to my 09 BUSA I would say the 1100 was much harder to ride fast. I had to countersteer it all the way through turns and had to be extremely careful with the throttle when leaned over in 1st through 3rd because the power band came on so suddenly. In comparison, I can fly on the BUSA with little to no effort and it's a piece of cake to carve it up.

Curious to hear others comarisons to their old bikes.

The Hayabusa is hands down the most capable and even tempered bike I have ever owned. My first sport bike was an 85 Honda Interceptor 500. I had an early 80's zuk, a GS550 I believe. It was killer. Also had a couple of Katanas and an 83GPz1100 bored to 1170. Nothing compares to what I have now. Also, my skills have improved greatly with my busa. I contribute that to many things. A couple that come to mind are I had to improve my skills with this bike, the power, the weight, acceleration, etc. But I think the biggest reason is it was not until I purchased my busa that I found this site, went to many events, met wonderful people who helped me develop my skills. I do my best to do the same, always helping anyone who wants it. This bike will get you in to trouble in heart beat.

Yes, the busa is a great step up from the later 80's and older bikes.More power, torque, brakes, handling, feel, and construction. Even better then the bikes of the early 90's. A night and day improvement. I have rode a 1982 gse1100 to 94 seca II 600 to my busa in the same hour, and you feel the differences and refinement!

Two completely differnt bikes, too... The Old GS was not made to handle like the Busa. My 80 GS 1100, when you ran 85, felt like 125 on the Busa:laugh:

Back