Need some clearing up

BigBadDodge

Registered
Seems like everything i have seen for measuring proper chain length is different and i keep getting confused so simple simple
To count correct "links" I can count the rollers i'm pointing to in the pic right?

I'm in severe need of a chain anyway but am going back a bit more in the arm so want to make sure i have enough.

Photo-0739.jpg

Also was snooping around dennis kirk and they show the ek ZZZ is only rated for 1100cc while the zvx2 is rated to 1400 but with a lower tensile strength? What makes the difference in how they are rated cc wise. I have been planning on a zzz since it may see the track from time to time but most is just street use, but i also dont want to risk something coming apart and wiping down my expensive arm and everything else in its path

Stock length I believe is 112 links. The chains usually come in 120, 130, 140, 150. One link for every two rivets. The zzz (11,000 lb tensile)is good, I'm running a zvx (10,560 tensile) right now. Either way I think your fine. The ZVX is available in more lengths versus the ZZZ so that may make your decision. How stretched is your bike?

I just ordered the 150 and called it good. Havent installed yet, so we'll see how much I got left over

hey tim how long is that 150 link when its layed out. The one i pulled off the bike was 7'1".

That would be a hell of a lot easier than counting all them little plates :thumbsup:

4 paces. :rofl:

46" doubled up, dirty garage floor and brand new chain don't mix.
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1296183225669.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1296183270101.jpg

Yea kinda wondering cause i'm sliding mine back about another 2" from where it was, think i'm going to need to get it setup and see where i'm at.

Back