Ride It Forever Levers vs. Pazzo's Adjustable levers.

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Hey Guys and Gals:

I ordered a set of the $42 dollar adjustable standard length levers. The total was $80 with shipping and all (with "Free" hand grips). I got these for my 09 Gsxr 1k, but the 08 Busa has a Pazzo on the clutch side of the bike at standard length.( I have a brembo master cylinder on the right side with stock brembo handle)

First thing I noticed was that they are close to each others design and shape.

SANY0001.jpg

SANY0003.jpg

SANY0004.jpg

Second: As I started to install the right side brake lever on the the bike. (It has a radial master cylinder on it stock) I noticed that the master cylinder rod wasnt going into the brass bushing's hole in the Ride it Forever's right side lever. I removed the clip to get to the bushing, and found a drill bit that matched the rods diameter. I put the bushing into the drill press, and drilled it slightly larger. It worked out great and added grease to all the moving surfaces and brake lever guide bolt.

SANY0005.jpg

SANY0006.jpg

I've had them(short ones) on my gen2 for over 6 months with no complaints. They feel and look so much better than stock. I can't afford ASV's yet, and compared to the Pazzo's I've seen there is really no difference, aside from name and price.
I've stayed out of all the bashing threads because they're supposedly dangerous cheap Chinese junk...BS. If I could possibly break any lever just under my own hand strength, it would be the stock CAST ones, not these! I like them.:thumbsup:

After getting the right side installed, I went over to the left side. Removed the stock lever. This side was much easier then the right side. No drilling was needed. Simply remove the handle. Grease all pivot points and clutch lever guide bolt and re-assemble. I did have to adjust the clutch. No biggie!

Below is a picture of the right side lever. I noticed at first the levers seemed funky in feel to the Pazzo's on the Busa. I had some play at the Ride it Forever's pivot bolt (Where the pin's tip is pointing too.) It was not real tight. (I could push the bolt up and down a few threads. Pazzo was better.) I used a 3mm Allen wrench (for the bolt top) and a pair of small needle nose vise grips (to hold the nut). Tightened them snug, and much better feel. Slightly better then the Pazzo's after I did that. Then went over and adjusted the Pazzo's pivot bolt on my clutch handle. Slightly better, but not as noticeable as the Ride it Forevers Levers. The nut on the Ride it Forever is a 7.5mm size (I dont have that socket). That's why I used the vise grips.

SANY0009.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the Levers on the 09 Gsxr 1000. I am happy with them for the price, even though I had to tweak on them. Nothing new with aftermarket parts for me. The real difference was after tightening the lever pivot bolts until snug. I did take it out for a ride in the court, and got the levers in the right position for my hands. Over all I am happy, and I'll give it time and see if they come apart! Hope this post helps!

SANY0007.jpg

SANY0010.jpg

I've had them(short ones) on my gen2 for over 6 months with no complaints. They feel and look so much better than stock. I can't afford ASV's yet, and compared to the Pazzo's I've seen there is really no difference, aside from name and price.
I've stayed out of all the bashing threads because they're supposedly dangerous cheap Chinese junk...BS. If I could possibly break any lever just under my own hand strength, it would be the stock CAST ones, not these! I like them.:thumbsup:

Same reason why I waited to make this post!:whistle: So, I understand!:thumbsup:

I've got Pazzo levers on everything and keep a spare set or two around just in case. Our Pazzo guys are located in British Columbia, Good Peeps.

Since these levers look identical to the Pazzos I'm assuming the cheap ones are Chinese Knockoffs?

I've got Pazzo levers on everything and keep a spare set or two around just in case. Our Pazzo guys are located in British Columbia, Good Peeps.

Since these levers look identical to the Pazzos I'm assuming the cheap ones are Chinese Knockoffs?

Yes Tuff, I believe you are correct. And yes I like the feel of them over stock.

I ordered levers before xmas and I am still waiting for them. They are caught in Chinese mail hell.

I can't afford ASV's yet, and compared to the Pazzo's I've seen there is really no difference, aside from name and price.

I have ASVs (C5 short) and NO ONE comes close to its adjustability. And their lifetime replacement wararnty is no bull (you break a lever, they give you a new one). Sending you a PM on a killer deal to get ASVs super cheap :)

I have ASVs (C5 short) and NO ONE comes close to its adjustability. And their lifetime replacement wararnty is no bull (you break a lever, they give you a new one). Sending you a PM on a killer deal to get ASVs super cheap :)

I kinda said that wrong:laugh: I was comparing the knock offs to the Pazzos, not Pazzos to ASV's. You're right, you can't beat the adjustability of the ASV's either. But please send me the link!:thumbsup:

It's not a lifetime warranty....... The C/5 is 5 years, the F3 is 3 years and the F1 is 1 year. Nowhere in the guarantee does it say anything about "lifetime." And for $125 each they can keep their guarantee.

"Guaranteed Not To Break
All ASV levers include a guarantee against breakage. That's right, you break your ASV lever, we replace it! No charge, No catch, No excuses. If you break your ASV lever, we will fix it or replace it. If you are not happy with your lever for any reason, we will do what ever it takes to make you happy. We have the best guarantee in the business and back it up in writing. No other lever manufacturer offers this incredible guarantee. Customer service is our top priority. We are not satisfied until you are completely happy with our product."

warranty-icons.jpg

why is everyone in the knockoff business here lately? to each his own but i dont buy parts that are knockoffs. they are basically stealing from the comp that owns the patents and profiting off anothers hard work.

Back