Pit Bull Trailer Restraint System

It looks great, but I'd like to know more about how it mounts to the floor. Holding the bike at such a low point, it has to be able to take a ton of leverage from side-to-side movement.

Tough Call there. The Baxley's work great, but we still used Tie-downs. Just one more thing to do, break or lose. If ya plan on doin alot of track days, id go for it, be worth the time ya save in the long run.

You could get a baxley and a pit bull.... :whistle: Bike would have ultimate safety.

Both of them are too rich for my blood though :laugh:

Too rich for my blood too! Thus the questions! I don't like doing things the inexpensive way only to wish I had taken the hit and done it right in the beginning.

You could get a baxley and a pit bull.... :whistle: Bike would have ultimate safety.

Both of them are too rich for my blood though :laugh:

My OCD loves that idea:whistle:

It would be the ideal setup... I think the Pitbull would get in the way though. If you had it mounted in a trailer and you actually wanted to lift the bike on stands to work on it inside the trailer... So actually I would never get a pitbull. My E-rails wont be in the way :thumbsup:

Planning on 5 track weekends this year? 4 at Barber and 1 at Atlanta Motorsports Park..is that a lot? (Working on selling points with the wife. Need all the help I can get on this one:laugh:)

Tough Call there. The Baxley's work great, but we still used Tie-downs. Just one more thing to do, break or lose. If ya plan on doin alot of track days, id go for it, be worth the time ya save in the long run.

I have baxley chocks bolted to the floor and e-track bolted through the floor to the trailer frame. slide the busa into the chock, lock it then tie off from the rear passenger pegs to the front of the bike and in about 3mins you are locked in. I swear you could flip the trailer and the bikes wont move :laugh:

really its all in what you like, but you are right dont go cheap you could regret it later if you are going to be in/out of the device often. And from what I hear having something you can take out and use at the track is quite helpful. :beerchug:

Those Pit Bull Trailer Restraints are very popular up here. Lots of the race guys and some track addicts use them. I have the same 6x12 trailer you have and I'm toying with the same idea Baxley or Pit Bull. Either one works and you still should strap the bike down either way.

Flip a coin?

Back