240 kit install Gen 1....?

Big Moe

Registered
I've done a few searches on the 240 Kit and didnt really find the answer I was looking for. My question to the Fam is....how much experience would you need to have to complete the install of a 240 kit from say Trac or RoaringToyz? I am mechanically inclined but dont want to get in over my head! Is it worth a shot or play it safe and pay to have it done! Thanks for your time!!

Chris

haya side.jpg

The only guy I know that did it all himself was Demmym, shoot him a pm. I only helped with the chain. :laugh:

I installed mine myself, not to hard at all. Garage, basic tools and the the special socket for the swingarm lock nut, and a weekend. Grinding the frame is a pain to say the least, but I just couldn't see payin a shop for what of basically a swingarm swap. If your mechanically inclined, your should be good.
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

yup...only tough part is grinding the frame for chain clearance on the GenI. You have to assemble everything mark the frame for the chain clearance then pull it all back off to gring it. You'll have to grind the sprocket cover slightly too. Take your time...it can be done at home.

yup...only tough part is grinding the frame for chain clearance on the GenI. You have to assemble everything mark the frame for the chain clearance then pull it all back off to gring it. You'll have to grind the sprocket cover slightly too. Take your time...it can be done at home.

I forgot about the sprocket cover, :laugh: dremal worked great for that. I put it back on and rotated.the rear wheel by hand to mark where it.needed to be clearanced. You may want tm look onto a heavy duty spring too, if ya wanna lower it.so its not tail high it'll rub with the stock spring.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

And after you have it all installed and the chain adjusted, re-check your chain clearance - on the inside of that ground frame and especially at the rear wheel. On most of these, you have to run the chain on the tight side, or you take the chance of it hitting your rear rim and damaging it. In some cases, the rear sprocket needs to be offset to make it right . . .:whistle:

You'll be alright boss, i didnt do the original install on mine but did have to fix all the previous owners work, i got swing arm removal and all that down to about 15 minutes now..

For the grinding remove the arm first makes life way easier...learned that the hard way and then plan on taking it back off and grinding more after the first ride:whistle: Mine didnt have the underbelly thing on so get it set down on a solid surface like blocks and a second person or ratchet straps from above to support it. First time i ground mine i did it from a strap under the seat on a engine hoist

I'm shocked now that the bike didnt go over.

Back