cali ID on an 09 busa??

squale147

Registered
hi everyone.. could some one tell me what to look for on a busa to see if its a cali model?? thank you for any help

There should be mention of it in the VIN. HD did that anyhow one if the numbers or letters designated it as a Cali bike. Not sure if thats true for the Busa though.

I'm stealing this from Shortboarder, but I don't think he'll mind:

"ok, just got home + took a look at my bike. *Here's an easy way to tell:

1. take off the rear seat or hump.

2. On the right hand side wall of the compartment, next to the tool bag--if there's a white sticker that has information about fuel vacuum hose routing with a bunch of diagrams, you have a California ("E-33") bike.

3. Also - you can actually see the charcoal canister by looking between the plastic of the storage compartment and the rear cowling on the right hand side. *It's a black cylinder.

If you don't have either of these, your bike is an "E-03" - the designation for non-Cali USA bikes. Pollute at will. "

How much gas does it take to fill up your tank? As PandaNin above hinted at: 5 gallons = CA bike. 5.5 gallons =49'er

I'm stealing this from Shortboarder, but I don't think he'll mind:

"ok, just got home + took a look at my bike. *Here's an easy way to tell:

1. take off the rear seat or hump.

2. On the right hand side wall of the compartment, next to the tool bag--if there's a white sticker that has information about fuel vacuum hose routing with a bunch of diagrams, you have a California ("E-33") bike.

3. Also - you can actually see the charcoal canister by looking between the plastic of the storage compartment and the rear cowling on the right hand side. *It's a black cylinder.

If you don't have either of these, your bike is an "E-03" - the designation for non-Cali USA bikes. Pollute at will. "

cool...then it the same as the smaller gsxrs..thank you

or just look on the frame (throtle side) just on top of the casing, there will be two emision stickers vice 1:whistle:

Back