Slowly but surely, I hope to be be healed by the time the Spring Bash Arrives!

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys and gals:

It has been a few months since, I have rode any of my motorcycles! Well, ok maybe I rode a little sooner then I should! (2 weeks after the surgery, but cam home after 10 minutes!) I had carpal tunnel surgery on 11/4/10. The doctor had to admit that I was correct, that I needed the surgery. (I had to push him to go ahead and get the surgery done. He wanted to do hand wraps and shots, which yield a 50/50 chance I would get better.) As he was doing the carpal tunnel surgery, he noticed a muscular abnormality. He said it was also pressing against the nerves in my wrist, as well as the tendons to my fingers, which was causing my hands to go numb. So he removed the abnormality and performed the carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand. My hand felt better after surgery, warmer, and more sensitive at my fingers tips. But there was a trade off, 3 to 6 months to heal! I have to work on getting my hand/wrist/arm strength back. I had to wait 2 1/2 months before I could do any hand strengthening, which I am slowly working on. So far so good on it it looking better and feeling a little stronger each day. This November I will be getting the same surgery on my right hand too. Both hands were having the same problem. But, I can not wait to go out riding again.... once the weather warms up!

Picture of my left hand right after surgery! 11/04/10

IMG_0061.jpg

Good deal, how bout hitting me up if you make it to VIR when it warms up? I've never been and would like someone to help me out.

Glad to hear your making progress:beerchug:

Are you goin to PT a few times a week or can ya just stay home with check ups?

Heal up and lookin forward to seein ya at the bash, but ya cant use your hand for an excuse when the fat tire guy outruns ya on the Dragon:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glad to hear your making progress:beerchug:

Are you goin to PT a few times a week or can ya just stay home with check ups?

Heal up and lookin forward to seein ya at the bash, but ya cant use your hand for an excuse when the fat tire guy outruns ya on the Dragon:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Karen and I have started back to the gym, but I am still limited on what I can do right now. Cant do push ups or any real benching! The pressure on the hand where the doctor went in too, still hurts pretty good. But I work with what I got and around it as much as possible. Finger strength is getting better, but working on it! Oh, and I will be ready to ride the dragon!:rulez::laugh:

Tim from the long lateral line cross your palm to the midline I'm very concerned about your future.
For $20 dollars I'll tell you what's gonna happen !

I ever tell you I'm 7.3456% Gypsy ?

It's looking good and I hope all works out for you to be healed up quick .

yeah my knee hurt real bad with any pressure after my surgery when the rod was put it. Funny though i fell on the knee that had surgery while hopping around supposed to be on crutches. 100% all weight fell on it. HURT LIKE HELL. But ironically, after a half hour of straight pain I have not had any pain in it even kneeling on it now... So im kinda glad i fell on it :laugh:

I start my physical therapy tomorrow finally but like you i have no been a good patient and have been riding anyway :thumbsup:.

Looks like you are healing up good just get that strength back quick! :beerchug:

yeah my knee hurt real bad with any pressure after my surgery when the rod was put it. Funny though i fell on the knee that had surgery while hopping around supposed to be on crutches. 100% all weight fell on it. HURT LIKE HELL. But ironically, after a half hour of straight pain I have not had any pain in it even kneeling on it now... So im kinda glad i fell on it :laugh:

I start my physical therapy tomorrow finally but like you i have no been a good patient and have been riding anyway :thumbsup:.

Looks like you are healing up good just get that strength back quick! :beerchug:

Oh trust me I know all about the knee thing!:whistle:

knee 001.jpg

This happened 6/20/07.... and ever since then I have had surgery at least once a year it seems!

kneerepair 001.jpg

Looks like you're healing up pretty well, Tim. Keep it up so we all get to ride with you again in April! :thumbsup:

no wonder you can ride, you have a bunch of upgraded parts! :laugh: looking forward to seeing you again at the Bash :beerchug:

Back