Its 25˚ out.

Gpmo

Registered
I get home and my new Eiffel 2 tank bag is sitting there, the wife hands it to me with a smile and tells me "good now go grocery shopping" Ah what a great excuse to ride.
Iphone pic Inc.

web.jpg

Lol ya its sad but true and it makes your bike run like crap. Not that i ever used it in my bike mind you.

I got stuck using 89 one time, no other stations around and ended up running the *bad gas out before I made it home, refilling with 93 octane. I didn't feel any diff with using 89 but I'm sure I would if I used it all the time.

Gonna have to pass on that one. I've ridden as low as 40ish degrees, with lite rain and in the dark and that was rough. (I'd do it again in a second just a little wiser on the dressing).

I got stuck using 89 one time, no other stations around and ended up running the *bad gas out before I made it home, refilling with 93 octane. I didn't feel any diff with using 89 but I'm sure I would if I used it all the time.

What year? '99-'07 manual calls for 87 octane, that is what I use. :)

I don't mind the colder riding. 20˚ is normally my cutoff for temps. Did have one time when i had to stop and scrape the ice off the outside of my visor, i swore never again.

I hadn't realized they called for 87 octane i need to re-evaluate.

Glad ya got out for a ride:beerchug:

I gotta know, how did ya type the lil degree circle? Copy/paste from somewhere?

I get home and my new Eiffel 2 tank bag is sitting there, the wife hands it to me with a smile and tells me "good now go grocery shopping" Ah what a great excuse to ride.
Iphone pic Inc.

web.jpg

So what's the verdict on the tank bag?? I am looking for a good one, still weighing my options.

If you change the ignition timing via ECU re-flash or get the Power Commander ignition control module, that would require a higher octane gas. Since it's a sport "touring" bike, 87 octane was picked due to remote areas that you'd most likely encounter. These places may not have higher octane fuels available.

wow. learn something new everyday:thumbsup:

good looking out though, didn't even think to check the manual, just figured since it's high performance it needed higher octane.

I just bought the Gi Pro ATRE , would using the TRE require higher octane?

Im up in minnesota and today was 22 and its the warmest ive had in quite awhile. Damn your lucky to of gotten out!!! I havent been able to get riding off my mind in months!!! The roads here are completely covered in salt and ice so i still have awhile... haha but nice looking setup man. Does the tank bag get in the way for you much? :beerchug:

25 huh?40 is normally it for me but i just got gerbing micro wire gloves and getting the jacket liner soon so who knows what id be willing to ride in

So what's the verdict on the tank bag?? I am looking for a good one, still weighing my options.

That was maiden voyage with it. I have the magnetic base and it seemed fairly stable. I found it on clearance for 50$ with shipping so worth it imho.

Fastfrog, i use a Mac and its the option + k to make the degree. not sure on windows but i assume something similar.

Kayabusa, i use a tourmaster jacket with all the layers and and a pair of HD windtech gloves. The gloves are amazing don't feel any of the freezing cold wind. But i think you have the right idea on heated gear :).

X-d-X, it doesn't get in my way but that may be because of my height. Its can be broken down to two different sizes also.

I have a TRE and i haven't seen any overbearing cons but i think i should look into it. I have the power commander also so the higher octane should be ok but i will see after getting it tuned.

That was maiden voyage with it. I have the magnetic base and it seemed fairly stable. I found it on clearance for 50$ with shipping so worth it imho.

Fastfrog, i use a Mac and its the option + k to make the degree. not sure on windows but i assume something similar.

Kayabusa, i use a tourmaster jacket with all the layers and and a pair of HD windtech gloves. The gloves are amazing don't feel any of the freezing cold wind. But i think you have the right idea on heated gear :).

X-d-X, it doesn't get in my way but that may be because of my height. Its can be broken down to two different sizes also.

I have a TRE and i haven't seen any overbearing cons but i think i should look into it. I have the power commander also so the higher octane should be ok but i will see after getting it tuned.

Ahh thank you i was wondering how to get that... I forgot about all the option + symbols

Back