need some input on an engine case/stator problem PLEASE

HayaMon

Registered
What's goin on guys....
So here it goes....I went down and have a small shark tooth sized piece broken from the circular rim under where the stator bolts to the engine case....Stator housing?
I'm having a hard time getting someone that will weld it unless the engine is removed from the bike..which...really who wants to do that for someone to take maybe 15 mins and do a weld. :whistle:
Now I was wondering if I use some of that steel putty weld or jb weld ..will it hold ?
Has anyone had to deal with this before and used this type of fix?
PLEAse PLEASE let me know.......thank you :bowdown:

I have heard " HEARD" of a rider who owned a HARLEY that had a hole on crank side filled with a piece of tin can and jb weld dont know if its true never saw it but i dont think i would do it personally and i have no money either my advice is to either find another part or if he can fix it pull the engine out IMO wouldnt want to make bigger problems.

What year bike is it ?
Is it the cover itself that's broken ?
I've got a factory stator cover that's scuffed a bit but functionally perfect.
Pm me your address and pay postage , it's yours.

What year bike is it ?
Is it the cover itself that's broken ?
I've got a factory stator cover that's scuffed a bit but functionally perfect.
Pm me your address and pay postage , it's yours.

Already have a new stator thank you.....its the rim under the stator that has the crack.

I have fixed some broken cases similar to that before using epoxy. Getting everything very clean and oil free is very important. I would use a fine carbide cutter to prepare the surface to make sure the epoxy would hold.

I've used Power Poxy Marine a lot, including on stator cover. It turns into very hard plastic.

I actually used it to glue a piece of sheet metal to the stator cover for stator protection. Painted black, and you can't even tell it's there.

It would seem to be suitable in your case, especially considering that the stator cover would be pressing against it. Worth a shot.

Back