• Schubert

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 21 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pine

Registered
Currently I am obsessed with my new Schubert C3 helmet and would like to know which Helmet is the favourite of this forum.

Also it will be interesting to hear why it is your favourite lid???

Regards
Pine

IMG_0183.jpg

Been using HJC for last 10 years. They fit my long-narrow skull the best I think.

Got one of first carbon fibers when those came out. It's starting to wear out and time to get another helmet before the ride season starts.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Been using HJC for last 10 years. They fit my long-narrow skull the best I think.

Got one of first carbon fibers when those came out. It's starting to wear out and time to get another helmet before the ride season starts.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php
I keep buying HJC myself. Arai makes some that fit a touch better, at more than double the price. If you want a new carbon fiber helmet, the HJC FS-15 is on closeout, replaced by a newer model. You can get the carbon fiber version for $200. I just bought the regular version for $130. Instead of carbon fiber, it uses a composite of fiber glass and Spectra fiber, which makes it a few grams heavier. Spectra fiber is used in bulletproof vests and armor for helicopters. Competition Accessories has two versions of the FS-15 for sale for only $100, but I didn't like the graphics.

Had an Arai RX7rr4, and liked it a lot, but it pressed kind of hard on my forehead. Bought a Shoei X11, love everything about it but the way the shield only has so many positions to open. Bought a Joe Rocket CF helmet just to use at the track, and it is fine for that, but does not have as nice of an interior as the Arai/Shoei.

Just bought a pair of RF 1000 Shoeis for my wife and I that match the new bike. Haven't gotten to try them out yet

Marked down a bunch!
NEW SHOEI RF-1000 HAYABUSA HELMET WHITE/BLUE-ASST SIZES - eBay (item 270651807283 end time Feb-16-11 12:35:39 PST)

I've heard good things about Schubert but it's not the more popular brand in the USA. For all around I go Shoei, for kick around HJC, and for racing Arai. Those are my current picks.

My Shoei RF-1000 was awesome, with the new RF-1100 coming in second. I had an HJC before them, but it felt brittle and cheapish to me. Maybe their upper end stuff is nicer though.

I predict Shoei will win this poll, with Arai close behind.

Big fan of my AGV GP-Tech helmet...."The Chicken"!!!!!! Very light and super comfortable! Sorry for the stock photo but i'm not around home to take an actual photo of mine....

agv gp-tech.jpg

I think it depends on your noggin.

Shoei is the only helmet on the Busa, where I can tuck in all the way, with my chin on the tank looking through the stock screen, without the top of the helmet obstructing my view.

I went to Cycle Gear with my bike and tried them all on, sat on the bike and tucked in, Shoei was the only one with enough clearance above my eyes. The others work, but only a 90% tuck.

Pine, ek dink nie jou helmet is baie bekend hier in die VSA nie. Meeste gaan of vir Shoei, of Arai.

Arai is my favorite but cant afford one right??? now so i use my Afx or HJC ,
really want the one with sliding sun shade they look awesome.:bowdown:

i tried every helmet in the shop before i got my scorpion flip up. i really like it. i hated the on and off at every stop, so the flip up was the way to go for me :thumbsup:
never thought i'd pay that much for a helmet, but its true, you get what you pay for.:rulez:
i have a rack of helmets, and the scorpion is by far the best.:thumbsup:

pics nov 2010 394.jpg

pics nov 2010 404.jpg

I'm kind of known as the "helmet" guy amongst my friends. I have 2 KBC helmets, 3 HJC helmets, and an Arai Profile. The Arai is my go-to helmet, with an HJC ac-10 second in line just because it has my headset built in. The Arai is in a whole different league than the cheaper helmets. Especially in noise and air circulation...

Just got my Bell Star and am excited to try it out. I've heard great things about it from one of the sales guys at Sport Bike Track Gear. Time will tell, but it definately fits better than my HJC CL-16.

I have a Scorpion XO-1000 matte. I love this brand its withstood my year round riding and i love the flip down inner visor.

p.s. which Wyoming border are you at red1100c?

Back