No particular reason....

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
other than I was going through some pics and ran across my Busa right before a trackday with slicks mounted....gawd, doesn't it look like a 2 wheeled Cobra! I just love the Hayabusa profile, partly because, unlike other sportbikes, it doesn't look like everybody elses sportbike! Doyle

P1020650.JPG

P1020651.JPG

That is a fine looking bike. The slicks make it look mean. :beerchug:

Damn Raydog, I was married to a big fat chick once that didn't look like anyone else's wife but didn't make me proud of her! :whistle:

:poke:

Damn Raydog, I was married to a big fat chick once that didn't look like anyone else's wife but didn't make me proud of her! :whistle:

:poke:

Don't get me started about past wives.....and I said Cobra, not oversized lady!

Gotta love the ass end high stink bug stance!

cheers
ken

Especially when the big ol thing passes you on your "track only racebike"! That's probably the only reason I don't get a dedicated track bike, the darn Hayabusa is so unusual to so many track riders and it's an ego rush because it's so unconventional.

That is a good looking motorcycle

How do you like those tank grips?

I do not mean to sound like the almighty expert on this but.....when my skill level got to the level of really fast (for an old guy), they are a necessary part of me being way off of the bike in the extreme corners. One buttcheek, the balls of your feet and the INSIDE SURFACE of one leatherclad knee are the only points of relationship/control with your motorcycle( I don't include hands because they are busy with controls and should not be part of the balance/weight transfer/body shifting dance). SO...that makes a non-slip surface on the tank very important and a smooth tank or vinyl tank cover is totally inadequate if you rise to high levels of cornering.
BTW, great question, tank grips are not talked about very much. Doyle

DM_17601.jpg

I do not mean to sound like the almighty expert on this but.....when my skill level got to the level of really fast (for an old guy), they are a necessary part of me being way off of the bike in the extreme corners. One buttcheek, the balls of your feet and the INSIDE SURFACE of one leatherclad knee are the only points of relationship/control with your motorcycle( I don't include hands because they are busy with controls and should not be part of the balance/weight transfer/body shifting dance). SO...that makes a non-slip surface on the tank very important and a smooth tank or vinyl tank cover is totally inadequate if you rise to high levels of cornering.
BTW, great question, tank grips are not talked about very much. Doyle

Sweet thanks boss, i dont get super low in the corners with the stretch and fatty but when i do get in it the leather bra just doesnt do much. Been looking at those for some time look like a much cleaner looking solution:thumbsup:

Back