Top yoke question

tifosi

Registered
Hi Guys,

Been lurking here for a while trying to learn all about these bikes. It's a great resource. :bowdown:

I've just put a deposit down on a 2009 Gen 2 and had a question for you guys. The Suzuki badge on the top yoke has been damaged. Looks like something sharp has hit it and it looks like the badge has "caved in" slightly.

Is the badge separately replaceable or does it come as part of a new top yoke? Just wondering whether to do something about it or not.

Thanks,
Andy

Yes, they are available. My white 2009 was actually missing that badge when I bought it new. It took several weeks, but the dealer was able to get one for me.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :beerchug:

Good to know it's separate from the yoke and it's so cheap to replace. One more question (because I haven't got the bike yet and can't check myself): how does the badge attach? Does it just drop in and hold with friction or is there some kind of attachment from the bottom of the yoke? Just wondering what tools I need to get the job done.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :beerchug:

Good to know it's separate from the yoke and it's so cheap to replace. One more question (because I haven't got the bike yet and can't check myself): how does the badge attach? Does it just drop in and hold with friction or is there some kind of attachment from the bottom of the yoke? Just wondering what tools I need to get the job done.

Thanks again!

It has a backing that peels off and goes on just like a sticker. I just cleaned the spot with a quick alcohol wipe and stuck it right on. No tools needed at all. You may want to heat your old one with a hair dryer to make it easier to remove. You could use a heat gun, but be careful not to damage the plastic or paint in the area.

:welcome: to the .org!

It has a backing that peels off and goes on just like a sticker. I just cleaned the spot with a quick alcohol wipe and stuck of right on. No tools needed at all. You may want to heat your old one with a hair dryer to make it easier to remove. You could use a heat gun, but be careful not to damage the plastic or paint in the area.

:welcome: to the .org!

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll need to heat it up a bit and use a very small flat bladed screwdriver to lever it out.

I'll post pics once I collect the bike :thumbsup:

Back