CAN AM Spyder RT-S

They are a weird bit of equipment, not bad, just different. It's like riding. Quad in the street. And I promise, you will put your feet down at the light on your first ride. :laugh:
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Find a dealer that offers test drives for sure on this one. They look pretty cool, but from what I understand they are nothing like driving a motorcycle.

I've seen the salesmen at our dealership doing hot laps around the parking lot, and it looks different for sure. The touring version looks like it could be fun for longer trips where handling isn't what it's all about. It looks like a nice replacement for the Harley, if that's what you've got in mind.

Find a dealer that offers test drives for sure on this one. They look pretty cool, but from what I understand they are nothing like driving a motorcycle.

Nothing like a bike, I rode one 2 summers ago, it was odd. Ya gotta lean your body to keep from gettin tossed off in the corners, but it won't lean with ya. They have decent power, its no Busa, but I'm sure most cars will get left behind.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Go for it as long as your still keepin the Busa. I thinking of getting one to get the wife off my back, literally.:laugh:

Get one! :cheerleader: We had one on the tours awhile back. :thumbsup:

DSC08721.jpg

DSC08722.jpg

DSC08721.jpg

DSC08722.jpg

I think I want one, talk me down from the edge.

Over the last 2 years, every summer, we've had demo Spyder's at the dealership for people to take out and test ride. If get them again this summer, make a trip up. We sell a ton of standard and touring Spyder's. I know at one point, there was a few of the new touring one's in at the same time for some type of warranty work though

what's the main hang up on the spyder that makes em keep comin in for warranty work? I think they are slick lookin but I like to lean into a curve:laugh:

I rode one a buddy was using for a few days, like fastfrog said you have to lean but without the bike. Just like on a snowmobile so to speak.
And i kept putting my feet down :laugh:

First Ride it. They are fun but incredibly pricey for what they are (18k?) I spent a couple hours on one,, they are horribly over regulated for my tastes. That said people who have them I know love them.

We checked these out last year when the roadster model came out and fell in love with the factory trailer!! That thing is huge and can hold looooooots of gear!!!!

This.
I rode one in 2009 and it was a fun but terrible riding machine. I wouldn't want to ride one more than the 15 minutes we had on them.
Biggest gripes are the steering/handling.
You have to lean, like others have said, but the steering is VERY, VERY heavy and dead feeling.
Another problem is with the wide rear tire. It likes to follow the crown of the road. When you are driving along a straight stretch with a decent crown for drainage, you are constantly steering the trike.

Ride one before you buy.

Over the last 2 years, every summer, we've had demo Spyder's at the dealership for people to take out and test ride. If get them again this summer, make a trip up. We sell a ton of standard and touring Spyder's. I know at one point, there was a few of the new touring one's in at the same time for some type of warranty work though
I left a message for Scott yesterday and never got a call back. Guess you guys are really busy.

Back