MPS ECU kill Airshifter

trevor

Registered
Is anyone currently running the Mps airshifter w the ECU kill? If so do you have any feedback? Would you reccommend it?

i think i'd run ecueditor with a pingel electric shifter. fewer lines to plumb, no compressor, no tank, but that's just me.

Pingel shifter is a PITA......

It is not like you just get to hit the button and it shifts. You have to put it in neutral, hit a reset, etc...... I dunno, between that and the size of that cylinder I would not get one.

ECU editor is the way to go IMO. Much cleaner and less wiring. Only bad thing is no autoshift (yet)

i have the quick shifter from boost and it works fine with the ecu ,, and if you want you can add the air shifter to it and that is it the air shifter will lift the lever activating the quick shift and kills are all set up with ecu

not to bad !

I currently run a Pingle electric shift. It shifts perfect on the street. just push the button and it shifts perfect. down shifts are a little rough where there is no slipping the clutch , so I took the switch off and just ran the upshift to the horn. I find that a t the drag strip, the electric solinoid draws too much power on the system and is resulting in inconsistant shifts and missed shifts. I just received my new McIntosh swingarm w/built in air tankand want to get a good air shifter to replace the Pingle. Mps has a shifter on their site ( part #1-0578) They say you send them your ECM , they reflash it and send it back. No kill boxes, no exaust pop. They say it is preset at 70 MS. Wondering if I will be able to toy w/ this setting or if it is fixed. I know I had to play around w the kill time quite a bit w/ the Pingle.

If they are flashing then its set ,, not messing with it you have to do that with the ecu editor ,, johny cheese set mine at 80ms whitch some say is high , but it works for me and i have no problems ,, to reset you will have to reflash !

you can buy the flashing set up to make simple changes yourself , its only like 200 bucks,, otherwise you will have to take it or send it out to someone !

you can ask them to set it lower if you want i would say about 60 ms maybe 65

I currently run a Pingle electric shift. It shifts perfect on the street. just push the button and it shifts perfect. down shifts are a little rough where there is no slipping the clutch , so I took the switch off and just ran the upshift to the horn. I find that a t the drag strip, the electric solinoid draws too much power on the system and is resulting in inconsistant shifts and missed shifts. I just received my new McIntosh swingarm w/built in air tankand want to get a good air shifter to replace the Pingle. Mps has a shifter on their site ( part #1-0578) They say you send them your ECM , they reflash it and send it back. No kill boxes, no exaust pop. They say it is preset at 70 MS. Wondering if I will be able to toy w/ this setting or if it is fixed. I know I had to play around w the kill time quite a bit w/ the Pingle.

The closer you mount your solenoid to your ram the shorter the kill time you need....just something to keep in mind

I have my solenoid 90'ed off of my ram but have not had it to the track yet to play around with my kill time.

I use a Cycle-tek and have my pc111-usb doing all the shifting:beerchug:

bikenew4.jpg

Just for the record, I've been running a Pingel electric shifter since the '07 season & with the exception of getting my boot in the way,it has been flawless in 400+ passes, set @ 60mls. We also installed one on Ninjakillers '07 which also worked great until he sold the bike, perhaps pilot error? they are a little touchy to get dialed in, but after that,they work great
Posted via Mobile Device

I find I can get it dialed in, it works great and then all of a sudden it will screw up for a few passes. It will screw up every shift on one pass and then work perfect on the next pass.It works perfect on the street. I figure there must be a reason that most opt for the air shift instead of the electric.

just installed the mps for gen1 set up on my gen2 09 and it was quick all plug and play. reflashed the ecu myself. have not been to the track yet, but we will see.

A Buddy of mine had the pingle electric shfter and also had instermitment shifting issues. What he ended up doing because he was running extra electronics for wet nitrous system and rest of accessories was adding a sencond battery just for the electric shifter to issolate it from all the rest of his electronics and his issues went away.
Posted via Mobile Device

A Buddy of mine had the pingle electric shfter and also had instermitment shifting issues. What he ended up doing because he was running extra electronics for wet nitrous system and rest of accessories was adding a sencond battery just for the electric shifter to issolate it from all the rest of his electronics and his issues went away.
Posted via Mobile Device

good to hear someone else had the same issue.

Back