Summer... What to wear

StwBusa

Banned
Soon it will be summer... and it gets kinda warm here in Texas... I have a mesh jacket (AGV) and I get way too hot.. Would a textile jacket be cooler??:beerchug:

Fully-armored textile is a great way to go. As long as you are moving you are getting airflow. When sitting in stopped traffic not much helps. If it's searing temperatures you can get a cool vest to wear under your jacket and it really cools the body down.

Isn't it nice that we can think about these kinds of things while others are looking for their thermal longjohns?

Mesh jacket is too hot?

You need to get a cool vest. They are like $35 and worth every penny.

It's 90 degrees out, sun beating down, all black leather and I'm cold. :cheerleader:

Fully-armored textile is a great way to go. As long as you are moving you are getting airflow. When sitting in stopped traffic not much helps. If it's searing temperatures you can get a cool vest to wear under your jacket and it really cools the body down.

Isn't it nice that we can think about these kinds of things while others are looking for their thermal longjohns?

You think textile is cooler than mesh??? and yes its great to have a pretty long riding season:beerchug::beerchug:

by textile I mean mesh textile. I assume he's talking perforated leather if he's still hot.

My textile mesh is like very little material and lots of padding in key areas. Maybe I misunderstood.

Mesh is cooler, but some are cooler than others. I bough a Teknic supervent mesh jacket last summer and love it. It feels as though all I have on is a t-shirt.

Whatever you wear, make sure it's not shorts and flip flops. I saw this guy on a bike last summer with shorts, no shirt, and flip flops. How stupid can you be?:rofl:

We sell a lot of the Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 mesh jacket. Large hole mesh design, still fully armored and a removable liner. Comes in a lot of different colors too

We sell a lot of the Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 mesh jacket. Large hole mesh design, still fully armored and a removable liner. Comes in a lot of different colors too

Joe rocket makes good stuff. I intend on getting their pants down the road probably after summer to go with the joe rocket hayabusa 2.0 jacket i have now

Back