10,000 mile adjustments

Book says plugs by now, but I did mine at 12K and they would have been fine for 25K. Change clutch and brake fluid if you have not done so already. Check the air filter.

08 just hit 10k any adjustments of any kind need to be done ??

I have 15,000 on mine and all I ever done is the air filter. And the oil.

Clean filter, change oil and plugs your good till next oil change. How do you like it so far? 10,000 miles she isn't even broke in yet

Change the air in your tires if you haven't yet... :laugh:

Some people talk about valve adjustments but all I've heard is everyone who's had them checked said they are in spec and need no adjusting.

Change the air in your tires if you haven't yet... :laugh:

Some people talk about valve adjustments but all I've heard is everyone who's had them checked said they are in spec and need no adjusting.

Save your money, I have 49,000 miles on a 2007 just paid $250 for a shop to tell me they were perfectly in spec. :banghead:

check the o rings in your chain to make sure that they are in good shape. If some are breaking then replace it. If you have kept the chain clean and lubed it should go another 10 or 15 thousand. I got 29000 out of my first one.

Here's the question of the day for you guys. I have heard of mechanics say that "your valves were within spec." Have any of you ever checked/adjusted valves? It is impossible to check them without loosening and retightening them. You cannot get a feeler gauge in between the valve and lifter without loosening the adjuster. Thus, it isn't possible to "check" the valve lash clearance and say that they were within specifications. That is unless there is a different sort of lifter/valve set-up on Busa's???

Here's the question of the day for you guys. I have heard of mechanics say that "your valves were within spec." Have any of you ever checked/adjusted valves? It is impossible to check them without loosening and retightening them. You cannot get a feeler gauge in between the valve and lifter without loosening the adjuster. Thus, it isn't possible to "check" the valve lash clearance and say that they were within specifications. That is unless there is a different sort of lifter/valve set-up on Busa's???

You are wrong sir. Feeler gauges do fit. Get a maintenance manual and read the procedure prior to doing the task. Your cams have to be in a certain position to check certain valves. It is shim under bucket. It really isn't a hard job. Just take your time. If you haven't done it before, READ the procedure and you shouldn't have any problems. By the way, no adjuster on a busa. There is a shim under a cup sitting on top of the valve. Based on the measurement you get,the charts will show what size shim you need. There is a chart for the intake clearance and one for the exhaust clearance.

You are wrong sir. Feeler gauges do fit. Get a maintenance manual and read the procedure prior to doing the task. Your cams have to be in a certain position to check certain valves. It is shim under bucket. It really isn't a hard job. Just take your time. If you haven't done it before, READ the procedure and you shouldn't have any problems. By the way, no adjuster on a busa. There is a shim under a cup sitting on top of the valve. Based on the measurement you get,the charts will show what size shim you need. There is a chart for the intake clearance and one for the exhaust clearance.

Beat me to it.

I stand corrected! Guess I will need to buy a manual...cannot relate everything auto to bikes I guess...doh! Thanks.

You should be able to download a pdf version for free. I think someone already had one for download on this site. I have the gen1 manual in pdf if thats what you need. someone else will have to help out with the gen 2.

Back