Paint question

Kahunas

Registered
I was wondering if anyone has ever painted their pipes before?
My bike is mostly black and my pipes are kinda well they dont look pleasing could i paint with grill paint or a engine high temp or not?

i used semi gloss black engine enamel, made by duplicolor. they also make a grey engine primer that i used underneath. sand it by hand, apply the primer and spray away.

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

Last edited:
That looks good thanks for info .
i didnt see any posts about from can to engine so thought maybe you guys would know so thanks .:beerchug:

high temp paint has a tendency to flake off eventually..

depending on your setup, jet hot coating may be the best way to go..

all depends though

i've had a positive experience with it so far.. 38k miles and counting..
it's about due for a touch up from a few incidents but the paint has held well.

high temp paint has a tendency to flake off eventually..

depending on your setup, jet hot coating may be the best way to go..

all depends though

jet hot coating never heard of it il have to search on that one , is this expensive ....im guessing yes???

I have another question im finding in the search ...has anyone ever just re clear thier bike so it will shine mine looks like it could use it or would i need to just repaint the whole bike starting with primer?
thanks in advance.

I have another question im finding in the search ...has anyone ever just re clear thier bike so it will shine mine looks like it could use it or would i need to just repaint the whole bike starting with primer?
thanks in advance.

my 2 cents: get the bike detailed, DIY or by a pro (if you lack skill/experience in doing so). cheaper vs reclear/repaint.

Back