first ride of the year

rockethead

Registered
I was going stir crazy and had to get out of the house for a bit. It was above freezing today so I had to get on the bike for a while. It was still cold( 37 F ) so I didn't stop to take many pics but here are a few.

anyone else can't wait for spring????

P150111_16.23.jpg

P150111_16.23_[01].jpg

P150111_16.30.jpg

glad to see i'm not the only insane one :laugh: can't wait for Spring!!

I just went down the block to the gas station, then hit the highway for about a half hour. once the snow melted enough to get the bike from the hallway (in the house ) to the road without trouble Im on it! :laugh: it was a good breather getting out of the house for a bit . been cooped up for weeks now. :thumbsup:

I hope you washed it when you got home because the road salt and chemicals will eat at your brake roaters and other metal parts on your bike. if you didnt do it very soon.

I hope you washed it when you got home because the road salt and chemicals will eat at your brake roaters and other metal parts on your bike. if you didnt do it very soon.

Ya i want to ride real bad but afraid of the salt and chems too im trying to be strong for my busa dont want to end up with a rusty:laugh:

Im glad you rode thanks for the pics i do envy you.:bowdown:

I'm glad you got to ride. But I must say this for everyone stabbing at people who live in Florida. Though it may not be snowing, it's still between 28-38 degrees here.:poke:

I'm glad you got to ride. But I must say this for everyone stabbing at people who live in Florida. Though it may not be snowing, it's still between 28-38 degrees here.:poke:

We are doing our 4th ride of the year today. Got out all the cold weather touring gear last month and have put it to good use.
Just cause we have no ice on the roads don't mean its not cold!!!!!

Went out yesterday(Fri.) and rode for bout 2 hrs. round town,felt like a breath of fresh air ahhhhhhhhhhhh lol. Temps in the lower 40's and the salt and chem. were pretty much gone for a change. They are calling for more snow and sleet on mon. so may go for another ride today.

Ride! the only thing you can ride here is a snowmobile! It's a cool -26 degrees celcius here in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada this morning. That is with the wind chill, about seasonal normal. To much snow to even take it out of the garage, wish all you the best in your season riding:bowdown:

Wow!!

The cold does not scare me, I have the gear for it, but ice/snow on the road will only see me riding my Husky. No Hayabusa, too scared.

Be careful out there.

Last edited:
Ya i know what you mean,i had the same urge yesterday,but seeing that the roads were still very snow covered i chose to just start her up whilst i sip on a nice cold Moosehead ( a Canadian Beer)

DSC_0484.jpg

Back