got stranded friday.

sweet tea man

Registered
Well, went to see a buddy in a couple towns over. Bike crunk right up in the morning. Got to where my buddy was and went to crank it back up.......click!......trying to turn over ever so slowly.......nothing.

I shook my head and figured may be just one of those things, called my buddy to come out and help get me up to speed, popped the clutch, and off I went with zero issues.

Got home and shut her down, tried to crank back up and the same thing happened. So as I was crossing fingers that is was just the battery, I yanked it out, took it to get tested, and sure enough. It was goin bad. Original battery on an 06. Lasted decent I thought.

BUT WOW. Just put the new battery in. Its amazing how much quicker and better it cranks up than before.
Posted via Mobile Device

Me too. I was crossing my fingers going "please don't be the stator, please don't be the stator" as I was waiting for the result of the battery test. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

pricey yes, but if it does last say 9 yrs, that's pretty good I think. I ride mine a lot and try not to let it sit, hate to buy batteries,

My brother actually won it in a drawing from an online motorcycle parts store he orders from. It was over kill for any of his 600s, so he sent it to me :)

you lucked out then, good deal! hope it lasts as long as they say it does.:thumbsup:

Back