sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
Captain, Moderators, a request please. Is there any that you could allow the New Post section to remain at two pages instead of one when it's refreshed throughout the day? I understand that New Posts need to be limited for housekeeping, but when this is done they are always cut to one short page. Many of us surf through the new Posts throughout the day, and once a topic is gone from there it can be hard to find again. This is especially true if you cannot remember the exact name of the post you're looking for. Alot of folks questions are therefor gone and have less eyes upon them as a result. Please keep in mind that this is a request to be considered, and not a complaint. Thanks.

99% of my surfing is done via the new post link. I rarely go back to each section. This would be a nice change if it is not too much bother.

Aren't new posts based on when you last read it? If there are no updates, it goes off your new posts page your next session. Sometimes I'll login and have 6 - 7 new posts pages

Aren't new posts based on when you last read it? If there are no updates, it goes off your new posts page your next session. Sometimes I'll login and have 6 - 7 new posts pages

That is the way it is for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The New Posts button is just a short cut for a search. It searches and presents you with all the newest posts since the last time you logged on. It is different for everyone. Logging out will remove all the ones you have visited in that logged in session for the next time you log in and "search" again.
I have found by just closing your browser and NOT logging out you can still see all the newest posts from your Original logon the next time you open hayabusa.org.

While on this general topic, my suggestion: when creating new thread, make a informative, substinative title. This will make threads more effective/helpful

Titles like "Yo", or "hey look", appear amateurish and can be misleading.

Not directed at anyone, just thought it helpful. thanks for reading.

Back