Hayabusa REPRESENTING!!!!!!!!

Warchild

Banned
Well, I know there are a ton of military veterans among us.... active-duty as well.

So I hope I'm not the only Hayabusa representin'.... tourofhonor.com

TOH_38.jpg

My TOH ride is for all my past shipmates - and to my first-born son Tyler, who is now the 7th-generation Wilson who is active duty U.S. Navy. He is currently forward-deployed overseas. Keep the Faith, son!

I'm also riding for me.... I've been there. I was involved in combat operations in the Persian Gulf even before the *first* Gulf War... and then again in Desert Storm itself.

My goal here is to grab all seven Nevada memorial sites within one 24-hour period. While the 4.8 gal aux fuel cell provides a 340-mile range per fill-up, still, success depends on how the routing plays out once the location of all seven Memorial locations are made known... and that list isn't handed out until Feb 1st.

Here we go.... :cool:

That sounds excellent!! Is there a website to follow on or sign up at? I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Thanks for supportin the troops and thanks for your service!!

Thanks for the site. I can't wait for North Carolina or Virginia to be added. I'd love to get in on that ride! An excellent cause and a great trip with a couple of friends!!

Make sure you post some pics of your ride. Might be the perfect time to grab a GoPro for the bike.

That is so cool!

To you, your son and all the others serving, past and present...... I say thank you!:bowdown:

thats awesome:beerchug:

Thanks, peeps.... I am pretty jazzed about it, that's for sure. Past 2 years have not been terribly good to me - barely able to keep the 'Busa - but I am determined to make 2011 a positive year, and this ride is just one aspect of it.

This is how the bike will be configured when I do this run. Carrying a total of 10.3 gallons of onboard fuel that affords an ~ 340-mile range per fill-up. And since this is Nevada in summer, you see a 1-gallon insulted water jug behind the aux fuel cell; that long drinking tube allows me to drink ice-water while underway: :cool:

LDBusa_Aug08.jpg

The soft pack on passenger seat is aux fuel cell ?
Please tell me more about it .

Thank you and yours for serving :bowdown:

Ps....I think you need a new jacket :)

Back