lower fork clamp question

Brew City Busa

Registered
i took the frame apart for powder coat and i just removed the lower fork clamp from the frame and tried to remove the lower bearing on the shaft but couldn't. So the question is, is that shaft that goes through the frame pressed into the lower clamp or attatched a different way. I don't want to start pressing it and have it bust so any input is welcome.

Thanks

As far as I know you cannot remove the shaft from the lower clamp. It's all one unit!

its pressed on, to remove depends on if you want to keep the bearing or buy a new one

What's pressed on? The bearing or the shaft?

both, you can remove the bearing by pressing the stem through the bottom, or you can remove the bearing by progressivly using a bigger wedge underneath it, or just cut it off and buy a new bearing...

Last edited:
both, you can remove the bearing by pressing the stem through the bottom, or you can remove the bearing by progressivly using a bigger wedge underneath it, or just cut it off and buy a new bearing...

Thanks for sharing. I never had a good look at how the two were attached. Next time I have a triple tree apart I'll have a better look. I was curious if the stem was welded or pressed in.

I learned something new today! :thumbsup:

Back