Cheapo exhaust

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I bought these Gen 1 bolt on mufflers for my Gen 2 (have to switch sides so they'll work)a few months ago from ebay for $229 shipped. My Dad and I repacked them and cut them down(took out 5.5") while they were apart. They aren't loud and sound good, they'll do until I can afford a full system. I'm not sure what they are, but I think they're D&D(but they sound nothing like them)I gutted my converter last summer too to get rid of excess heat around my feet, it really helped. My stock shorty mufflers and these only get warm to the touch, it's amazing the difference with less heat build up. And yes, my bike could use a tune and will get one when I buy new exhaust, otherwise it runs fine and the plugs look good. It's not lean.

SDC11023.jpg

SDC11031.jpg

SDC11046.jpg

SDC11047.jpg

Last edited:
so as far as fitment, you just have to switch sides? does that work the other way around too (gen 2 exhaust on a gen 1)?

so as far as fitment, you just have to switch sides? does that work the other way around too (gen 2 exhaust on a gen 1)?

Yes it does, as long as the gen2 aftermarket mufflers have hangers that slide up and down the can. The mounting bolt is higher on the gen2. Look at the very top picture with the long pipe. Beside the hanger you'll see where the finish is messed up. That's where the hangers were positioned on the gen1 and of course, on the other side(that damaged part was cut out). Stock gen2 mufflers won't bolt up directly since the mounting hole is in a fixed location.
These are bolt on mufflers also, using the gen2 midpipes. A member here posted a while back that he switches his slipons and midpipes between the gen1 and 2, as he owns both. I cannot say though.
The real benefit is for the gen2 though. Gen1 mufflers are alot cheaper and easier to find, so I can get rid of alot of weight, with a little looks and sound while I save for what I really want.

Looks like Two Brothers to me. I had polished stainless ones on my SV that looked exactly like those.

Look sweet, all you need is a fake Yoshi sticker like one of the ones I got recently has:

GT250R5.JPG

I wouldn't have had one, but it came on the pipe. :laugh:

Looks good, great price on em too. They do look like D&D to me
Too
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks, and RacerV is sayin Two Brothers...which is exactly what they sound like. I thought D&D too, but they don't have that hi pitch screech(before or after they were cut) They have that deep Two Brothers sound. Either way, hardly matters to me, cheap is good...for now:laugh: Thanks guys:beerchug:

prpv.dll

Look at my pipes, not my girl. This was before I knew what a real bike was or anything about proper gear. SV Rally 2005

prpv.dll

Look at my pipes, not my girl. This was before I knew what a real bike was or anything about proper gear. SV Rally 2005

Yep, I think you're right. There's no comparing D&D and Two Brothers sound,(I've heard both countless times on many 4 cylinder bikes) they are night and day different. Mine must be Two Brothers, thanks man:thumbsup:

Back