Back Protector Recommendations

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Moving up to I at the track this year and need to add some armor. Anyone have any recommendations for a back protector? What to look for in fit and functionality?

This is what i have Charlie:
FS-10-ARMADILLO-CP.jpg

Bought it here:
Get Your Motorcycle Accessories , Motorcycle Helmets , and Motorcross GEAR at The Iron Pony!

Good fit, comfortable and easy on the wallet.

FS-10-ARMADILLO-CP.jpg

Any taller riders with back protector recommendations? I've been looking at increasing armor too...

Sorry for the semi :hijack:

Are you upgrading what is inside your jacket? Mine came with a protector but I can upgrade to a better one

Charlie, i've been wearing a Icon because it's the only thing i can get inside my freakin leathers! How much room you got? Forcefield is some of the best off-the-shelf stuff you can get, I have a set but just can't wear it under my leathers....if you can fit them I'd make you a good deal!

I tried that armadillo thing, went to the dealer, took the thing to the dressing room, couldnt get it on, its either sideways, upsidedown, or it slid off me.

I gave up, if I cant get it on, I wont wear it.

I know that's made to wear under the jacket, ever seen it worn over~?~

The one I have is a little snug~!~

Yes i have seen a few protectors being worn over their jackets. it was interesting.

I tried that armadillo thing, went to the dealer, took the thing to the dressing room, couldnt get it on, its either sideways, upsidedown, or it slid off me.

I gave up, if I cant get it on, I wont wear it.

Uhm..seriously?

bought this for $30 (KNOX), store was having a close out sale. Easy to wear under jackets (actually tried it on at the store with a leather jacket)

back-protector.jpg
bent-over.jpg

I got one from Cycle Gear for $110. The Icon vest that I borrowed from Macon did not allow adequate airflow while on the track and I was overheating. This is what I got.
dnse_wave11_air_backprotector_MD.jpg

Thats funny, I've lost near 30lbs since I bought my leathers. I have every adjustment "cinched" up! Send me a link to the Forcefield armor you have.

Charlie, i've been wearing a Icon because it's the only thing i can get inside my freakin leathers! How much room you got? Forcefield is some of the best off-the-shelf stuff you can get, I have a set but just can't wear it under my leathers....if you can fit them I'd make you a good deal!

I got one from Cycle Gear for $110. The Icon vest that I borrowed from Macon did not allow adequate airflow while on the track and I was overheating. This is what I got.
dnse_wave11_air_backprotector_MD.jpg

+1!
I prefer the full back coverage in the leathers, the velcro waist band also holds the kidneys in.
:thumbsup:

$$$$ yes, but what is it worth...:whistle:

Charlie, do all your research but before deciding on a purchase, check this guy out!

Mike at Impact Safety Armor

Email: impactarmor@hotmail.com

Phone: 916∙725∙2936

Mike makes custom back and chest protectors. Mike makes each back/chest protection to your exact specifcations. When your armor arrives it will have your name embedded and it WILL fit you properly. The material he uses warms up and forms perfectly to your body making it very comfy.

His stuff is very popular around the track and race crew here. The likes of Nicky Haden and Colen Edwards wears his protection along with many more professional racers.

It's well worth your time to at least look into. It's going to cost a bit more but it's far superior to anything you'll buy off the shelf and fit better as well.

Check it out! :beerchug:

Last edited:
You can't get into track riding a motorcycle by accident! Thanks for all the suggestions. I definately have some more research to do. Knoxx is another brand I am looking over.

Back