Could only do it because of you guys.

houstonbussa

Registered
From my Facebook page

I started to do a build thread, but I suck at trying to document it all in a timely manner.. (I'm 10 steps ahead and remember to take pics). Plus none of it wasn't anything new here, so pointless other than bragging rights, but the pics above I give thanks to what made it happen for me to do my first major projects by myself. (like actually put a cutting tool to my bike with confedence). I was back and fourth on the .org getting infor and reading other builds.. Getting frustrated because it wasn't being done my way and the whole nine. Thanks guys. Jake! I think you're on here too (don't know if you use it or not as I know you just kind of use the local moto houston site), but extra thanks to him because I kept blowing up his phone at the worse possible times ever. Because of you all even a noob like me can do the work. (which makes you enjoy it just that much more)

The build Album

List of things done (with two days of work, but it sat around longer than it took to do the work).
Added a GiPro gear indicator w/ tree
Custom gauges (as stated above I was scared *ishless about, but got them) (funny story about them later)
added my glowing lights to my intake duct (now I can't have them on when I am riding in Daytona this March)
USB charging port (for my phone which is my GPS, phone and mp3 player)
A button that will operate the Kanji after I get my paint job.
Hump mod to sit over the sissy bar.
Chopped my fender and relocated liscence plate to swing arm.
Fixed my HID high beam (which I added almost as soon as I got the bike.. Yes both are HID)
Remounted everything in the nose cone that had fallen etc.
Relaid the glow lights in the side fairings as they were poorly installed the first time (again by me)

I think that's all I did this time. GO ME! :thumbsup: LMAO.

Again, thanks everyone... Even the ones I 'argue..er...discuss with difference with' (as you're the ones that makes me sit back and really think before I 100% commit to ideas...) Don't need to agree with ya to like ya. And for the ones that are extra inspiring to make me want to do more.. even if it's pointless (like the dual screen GPS, video screen that you can't use while riding). I think that's awesome.. I think I'll try that next.. haha. (play ****..er.. riding instructional videos from the bike while parking lot pimping.. hahaha) Oh yea, even after watching a thread (to which I had the exact same question at that very moment) I was motivated to buy a marine fuse box to help clean up wires.. Should be here next week. :)

Last edited:
Oh yea.. Feel free to add on FB if you'd like!

I just realized I had to make the folder accessable to everyone not just friends of friends.. (blush)

Hey, I left my brain at the bike with the last pic.. I'm done thinking for the day.

Last edited:
Sounds like you been a busy guy. Glad its goin well for ya:thumbsup: What the latest on your new paint?

Probably going to wait on the paint so I can have spending money in Daytona. But I've found a guy that can do what I want. Not what he wants. Gotta check some things, and I mwillay still pull it off. Who knows. If I get it, the org will have the first pics! Still going to be about $ 1500 though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back