Trailer tool boxes

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
So with my tax return I have decided I am going to get a trailer. I was going to get a cycle shell and some ramps for my truck but that would all cost me about 700 bucks so i might as well get a trailer with that money cause im getting one eventually.

Anyways my question is what kind of tool boxes do you guys have bolted into your tailers? I have looked at tractor supply and found some nice compact ones and I am going to see what harbor frieght has also but i want some ideas as to what you guys have.

Im getting either a 6x10 or 6x12 v-nose. Havent decided which length quite yet... its still up in the air.

EDIT: If you guys have any ideas for me that would be welcomed. This trailer is going to be my garage since i am in the barracks and soon to be in an apartment.

Last edited:
I don't have an enclosed trailer, but I have alot of money in my tool box and rool cart at home. I wouldn't spend alot for a box that's going to stay in a trailer all the time unless you're a serious track guy. All you need is enough room for some basic hand tools, because really, how far are you gonna tear your bike down in the trailer?
For conveniance I'de get a box that the drawers lock in place when they are shut, without having to lock the cabinet itself. And you probably know that drawers with ball bearings are much smoother opening and closing with alot of weight in them.
I don't skimp when it comes to tools, but there's no need to spend a fortune on something that won't get alot of use.:beerchug:

I don't have an enclosed trailer, but I have alot of money in my tool box and rool cart at home. I wouldn't spend alot for a box that's going to stay in a trailer all the time unless you're a serious track guy. All you need is enough room for some basic hand tools, because really, how far are you gonna tear your bike down in the trailer?
For conveniance I'de get a box that the drawers lock in place when they are shut, without having to lock the cabinet itself. And you probably know that drawers with ball bearings are much smoother opening and closing with alot of weight in them.
I don't skimp when it comes to tools, but there's no need to spend a fortune on something that won't get alot of use.:beerchug:

Nah just the tools i have now and some additional tools is all i need my torque sets and general tools. Im not looking for an extensive tool box just something light and space efficient

Russell,
You are more than welcome to come and check out my trailer for ideas.

Russell,
You are more than welcome to come and check out my trailer for ideas.

Actually I was kinda basing off what i wanted on your tailer because you have a nice setup from what i remember. Do you have a 12 foot trailer?

Didnnt a member have a good deal on trailers? I cant remember his name, but I think Twobrothersbusa new him, Who was it Charlie?

Always nice to save some more $$$$

Didnnt a member have a good deal on trailers? I cant remember his name, but I think Twobrothersbusa new him, Who was it Charlie?

Always nice to save some more $$$$

Yes thanks :thumbsup: Ive been in contact with him and we are in contact to try and get a trailer from the same place. The guy just raised his prices over christmas so we are waiting to see if they go back down... Kevin (Fishhook) knows the guy who was selling them dirt cheap. He raised them to 1600 which is still a steal but if we can get them for what he was selling them for previously it would be an unbelievable deal...

Yes thanks :thumbsup: Ive been in contact with him and we are in contact to try and get a trailer from the same place. The guy just raised his prices over christmas so we are waiting to see if they go back down... Kevin (Fishhook) knows the guy who was selling them dirt cheap. He raised them to 1600 which is still a steal but if we can get them for what he was selling them for previously it would be an unbelievable deal...

:thumbsup: thats who i was thinkin of

Got this one from sears around $100!!

Has a nice top to hold stuff and a few slots for screws and a spray can..

eddyspics217.jpg

Last edited:
Got this one from sears around $100!!

Has a nice top to hold stuff and a few slots for screws and a spray can..

eddyspics217.jpg

Yeah i think that is all I would need for the amount of tools i have now... Maybe just a top to go on that also and that would be plenty... I really liked the ones i saw at Tractor Supply yesterday. The drawars rolled real nice and came with the no slip drawer liners

fits alot of stuff,i bought extra tools and leave them in there..it has a rod that goes down to prevent from opening..

Works for me!!

SA400039-2.jpg

Who is this guy with the cheap trailors and where? Going to seriously be looking for one this summer. Was going to get one this month, but figured I'd wait 'til I can get an enclosed one instead.

Who is this guy with the cheap trailors and where? Going to seriously be looking for one this summer. Was going to get one this month, but figured I'd wait 'til I can get an enclosed one instead.

Hes in GA. Ill let you know what i find out when the guys get back to me :thumbsup:

Yeah i think that is all I would need for the amount of tools i have now... Maybe just a top to go on that also and that would be plenty... I really liked the ones i saw at Tractor Supply yesterday. The drawars rolled real nice and came with the no slip drawer liners

That's a nice looking box, I just got another one from Sears also...did you bolt it down to the floor~?~

Did you make that little extinguisher, light, etc holder or purchase it somewhere~?~

PS: I have a dedicated carry on track tool box that has everything for the bike in it.

Yes,used a bunch of bolts to bolt the box to the wall into the beams and floor..Also made a base for the box so it sits higher and made the Nitrous/flashlite fire ext holder seen to the right ..

I even made the Etched Busa Mirror!!

Yes,used a bunch of bolts to bolt the box to the wall into the beams and floor..Also made a base for the box so it sits higher and made the Nitrous/flashlite fire ext holder seen to the right ..

I even made the Etched Busa Mirror!!

How did you make the etched mirror?

I found this box and roller cabinet at Lowes. I also built storage racks for boots and gear.

100_0341%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Attachments

• trailer recent.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 271
Back